My upgraded 1.1.3 isn't letting me move icons about

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gottabeandrew, Jan 25, 2008.

1. gottabeandrew

gottabeandrew New Member

Ok, so i decided to upgrade it to 1.1.3 earlier today in the tutorials i'd seen for doing this on the iPhone using the special version of iBrickr. It worked apparently but going on safari and pressing the + button at the bottom only gave me the option of "Add Bookmark" and holding down icons didn't make them all shiver.

So i decided to restore back to 1.1.1 and then upgrade to 1.1.2 to get it back to my normal version since this one obviously wasn't working. So i done that but when restoring it to 1.1.1 i got an error and it wouldn't let me turn the ipod on or anything and just told me that to restore to factory settings i had to upgrade to 1.1.3. Then i seen a topic here saying how its possible to unlock 1.1.3 so since that seemed like the only option to get it working again, i done it.

So now its in 1.1.3 and is working but its still not letting me add icons from safari to the springboard and it's not letting me move my icons about by holding one down (i held it down for 10 seconds at one point just to be safe and this was to no avail).

So i need to know why it isn't letting me do these things. I thought the $20 (£13) upgrade only included those 5 apps. Am i now right in thinking that the £13 upgrade will also give me the ability to move my icons about and add webpages to the springboard?
  2. gottabeandrew

gottabeandrew New Member

Ok, every single other person here has multiple replies apart from those who posted less than 2 minutes ago and i've been waiting of a reply for hours so could somebody please reply telling me what the problem is.

Thanks.
  3. thedingding

thedingding Member

search search search search search search search its a little button at the top of the page
  4. pab277

pab277 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    the $20 upgrade allow for movable icons, the five new apps, and lyrics support.
    Without it you cannot do those things. 1.1.3 is just bug fixes and movie rental support, nothing else.
  5. sirisaacnewtonwhite

sirisaacnewtonwhite New Member

yep, the ability to customize your homescreen only comes with the $20 software upgrade. just upgrading your firmware to 1.1.3 isn't gonna get you much...just a metalic new look in your ipod's dock. sucks I know.
  6. gottabeandrew

gottabeandrew New Member

Thanks so much for telling me, people! Sorry for getting so ratty before. This is a canny good forum, like.
  7. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

no. In Installer, add http://www.modiphone.net/repo to your sources and download the apps. Note that mail may or may not show up. Credit to modiphone for this great breakthrough. Then download BSD subsystem and OpenSSH. Go into it with an SSH client. Go to System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app and rename N45AP.plist to N45AP.stupid. Then change the M68AP.plit to N45AP.plist and reboot. You should now have the app moving feature! -from touch life