My "unjailbreakable" iPhone 3g hates quickpwn

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by murkage stairs, Feb 12, 2009.

1. murkage stairs

murkage stairs New Member

Ok guys, asking for help here.

I decided to post this in this forum, rather than the iPhone subforum because that one seems to be more about unlocking rather than jailbreaking.

I've tried to jailbreak my 16gb iPhone 3g on 4 different occasions. Each time I used the latest valid version of quickpwn, each time I updated the firmware to the correct version (that quickpwn would work with) and each 4 times has had the same result:

I connect with usd, open quickpwn, close all apple/itunes applications, run quickpwn, follow the home button/release direct exactly, the quickpwn software starts installing in the iphone once it goes into DFU mode, I can see the Cydia icon and info displays on the iPhone screen about everything that is installing, then Quickpwn says it is on the last step: waiting for the iPhone to boot back up.

but it doesnt, it stays on the bootup icon (the apple) continually, occasionally my PC makes a sound (same sound when it syncs) and sometimes the Windows Picture Manager pops up asking if I want to transfer pics from the iPhone. I usually just close that box. Sometimes the iPhone vibrates and shuts down and then boots back up, but it never starts up, only stays in the boot up mode.

So tried this 4 times, waited for several hours to see if it would boot up, it never does. I end up having to try and sync with iTunes to restore the iPhone (which is a pain because in this boot up mode itunes rarely even recognizes that an iPhone is connected).

I last tried a few days ago, I am on the 2.2.1 firmware and used the latest version of quickpwn.

Any any any advice would be appreciated. Is there an alternative to quickpwn?!

I previously had a first generation iPod touch and managed to jailbreak quite easily (this was pre-Quickpwn when the process was a bit more complex) so I have no idea why this is being so ridiculously difficult. I'm basically a step away from taking my iPhone and paying someone to jailbreak it (which several places in my city do)
  2. hyperstalker

hyperstalker Member

Device:
    HTC One
    most things ive read about quickpwn is that it works only with 2.2 not 2.2.1 im not sure though might wanna look into that.
  3. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    You could have looked before posting

Please Register or Log in to view images

I jailbroke my 1g on 2.2.1 with quickpwn.

Update your quickpwn! Or use pwnage tool.
  4. nikj14

nikj14 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    try rebooting the computer, reinstalling itunes and mobile device support, or downloading an already PWNed IPSW and restoring it thru itunes, hope it helps

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. murkage stairs

murkage stairs New Member

any ideas where I can dl a pwned IPSW (pm me if we are not allowed to post the link

What is pwnage tool?

Sorry for the basic questions, the last thing I jailbroke was my Touch 1g but that was in the days long before stuff like quickpwn
  6. wilts

wilts New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    try restoring your iPhone before pwnage

make sure quickpwn locates the correct firmware
  7. basselibrahim

basselibrahim New Member

also sometimes the actual program does not work. go back to the zip file and open it from there and see what happens. This happened to me over and over again on iphone 3g 2.2. U never know if this will work for iphone 3g 2.2.1.
    Good Luck