My Two Cents on New Nano

Discussion in 'iPod classic, nano, etc.' started by tinyman392, Sep 18, 2010.

1. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    OK, so everyone has had time to let the new iDevices sink in. Most people loved the upgrades with the new Touch, some want more (Expect that every year; but I'm quite happy with it). The new Nano is a different story. Most people absolutely hate it. So here are my thoughts on it.

Pros:
    -Smaller: The new Nano is supposed to be small. It's called a Nano, Apple made it as small as they could possible get away with.
    -Touch Screen: The touchscreen is a great plus. It makes it easier to work with. Though the clickwheel is gone, it is still as easy to navigate using the touch screen.
    -The GUI: The GUI is refreshing and simple. The device doesn't lag at all. The user interface seems so natural to me and is simple to use.
    -FM Radio: It's the only iPod with it... All that needs to be said.

Cons:
    -Loss of Video Playback: This is a tough one, but I can see why Apple didn't allow videos. The screen is way too small for it. I wouldn't want to watch videos on it either.
    -Loss of Video Camera: I don't know how often the previous generation used the camera, but it's still a loss. Can you imagine using a camera on this device? It'd be horrific. The device is barely large enough to hold, how would you make a decent video with it? What's more is that the camera would take up battery space, literally killing the battery life.
    -No Apps/Games: Well, we all know this one, some complain about it. Like the videos, would you actually want to use apps on this thing? To small of a screen. I have no idea how you would play games on this thing.
    -Loss of Click Wheel: It's gone, I don't know where they'd put it... On the back? LOL... I actually don't think you'll miss it if you use it.

Overall thoughts:
    -The new Nano actually isn't that bad. Though it lost functionality, it was for a reason. Yes, I was like you once, absolutely hating the fact that Apple took out functionality (which I think is a terrible idea), but after using it, I find it really easy to use and smooth. The small size is the downfall of the new Nano, but it's a Nano, it's supposed to be small. I can almost guarantee that you won't miss the click wheel when you use this. You just won't. I can see where Apple was going with this. They wanted a small touch screen device. I do believe that this should have been the new Shuffle, but I'm not Steve Jobs, I don't make that decision. Overall, the iPod loses functionality because it would be a pain to use it if it had this functionality. The new UI is easy to navigate and a decent joy to use.

***Note***
    I know I might get flamed for some of my opinions, so please keep this to a minimum, but do give your thoughts on the iPod Nano or this review (I can accept criticism and debate, but not flaming; there is a "report post" button and I know how to use it).
    Thanks.
  2. chickenmatt5

chickenmatt5 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    flameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflame
    JK
    You have a lot of good points. You almost made me want to go out and buy one. If only they were 2 cents....
  3. bstevenhaagen

bstevenhaagen Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I would only buy it if the price went down. It's lost so many features and has become much smaller. If they could bring it down to $99...I would buy it.
  4. juniperpansy

juniperpansy Member

tinyman one thing I'm curious about... all of the other nano's you could operate with a single hand right? But on this one you need to use two hands to operate it, right?

Isn't that a big hassle coming from the old nanos?
  5. tinyman392

Device:
    iPhone 6
    It can be operated with one hand. If held correctly.
  6. b777forever

b777forever Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone
    That would be the shuffles job.
  7. deepdvd

deepdvd Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Steve Jobs: "Just avoid holding it in that way." =]
  8. tinyman392

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Technically speaking, it would be both. The shuffle was the original, but nano implies miniature size.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I thinking something similar while typing it: "Hold different"

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. iDestiny

iDestiny Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    'Fail different', new Apple slogan. Comes FREE with BONUS limited time only facepalm.
  10. antonixic

antonixic Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I like your reviews (even though I dont have one

)
    And I just wonder why Apple dose not put in it accelerometer to give it ability to auto rotate the screen instead of use your fingers

(or mayb they want to prove it have multitouch disdpal =)) )