My touuch wont connect to the internet

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by davy1566, Mar 21, 2008.

1. davy1566

davy1566 New Member

I bought my iPod Touch 16gb today and Im well pleased with it, it replaces my well used (but still working) 3rd gen 15gb iPod

Please Register or Log in to view images

Ive entered the wep key for my home wireless network (Netgear N1 wireless router & Virgin Media)

The wifi icon top left of the screen is blue so Im assuming the Touch is connected to my network.

When I click Safari I get the message "Safari cant open because it cant find the server"

On You Tube I get the message "Cannot connect you to You Tube"

Can someone please tell me where im going wrong

Please Register or Log in to view images

Cheers

Dave
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    In settings under network does it say you are connected?
  3. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

If you are connected to your router but can not view any web sites it could be your router settings have been set to filter either MAC address or ip address - log into the router admin from your computer and ensure that the router has the MAC address of your ipod allowed and make sure the ip address it is using is not blocked by the router.
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Every now and the some people have to reset the router to make it work properly.
  5. nozebleed

nozebleed New Member

I had the same problem, but it would even connect to unprotected servers. I got the wifi signal, but no dice. Cannot connect to server. Took it to the apple store after a fresh restore to get the jailbreak off, and they tried another restore. Still no dice connecting at the store, so they gave me a new shiny iPoT. I would try connecting somewhere and if it doesnt work take it back.
  6. Trimethylpentan

Trimethylpentan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I've got a similar problem. In the beginning Wifi worked without any problems. After some days I got the message "Safari cant open because it cant find the server", too. I added my iPod to the Mac-Filter, but this didn't help. After upgrading to 1.1.4 I suddenly could connect again. Now the "Safari cant open because it cant find the server" message came back...
    I resetted the router, but this also helped just for some hours.

If I check my iPods IP, set by my router, it's compleatly different. If I can connect it's 192.168.1.x, if I can't it's 169.254.58.x