My Touch won't turn on now after jailbreak Please help me

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by clutchski, Feb 8, 2009.

1. clutchski

clutchski New Member

Hi there!

I decided to do the teathered jailbreak with my Touch 2g. Through WINDOWS so i followed the instructions found on one particular guide that's known to work.

Anyway I saw that USB thing on the touch screen at the end, but the ipod disconnected. And now there's definetely no recognizing it by Vista, iTunes, or anything. And it won't turn on! I think the drivers are wrong or something becuase it says it's not being recognized..but when you check it says the Lib drivers are the proper ones.

Pleaaase help !

Thanks in advance,
    Clutch
  2. Tom_L222

Tom_L222 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Once you have jailbroken it and turned it off you need to use a computer to turn it back on. Use QuickBoot to boot it on again (see below).
  3. clutchski

clutchski New Member

thanks for your reply-

it didn't work though. There's nothing coming up on my touch screen at all..not even a white screen. When i plug the usb in it says the device isnt recognized or is malfunctioned blah blah..any ideas? and yeha iTunes is the same..
  4. -Kerrigan-

-Kerrigan- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It's supposed to say that. Put it in DFU and keep trying. Sometimes it actually isn't in DFU because you messed on some little thing.
  5. rafarquhar

rafarquhar New Member

We see this topic a million times a day.

There is nothing wrong with your iPod and this happens to everybody. Make sure that your iPod is plugged in to a USB port, and then try to put it into DFU mode again. Be very precise with your timing and it will work. If it doesn't, you're doing it wrong.
  6. clutchski

clutchski New Member

Hey..i'm sure you get the DFU thing a million times - but

I cant even put it into DFU mode. It wont even turn on at all..i hold the home and power buttons and nothing comes up..and iTunes doesnt show anything about the recovery mode!

I've put it into DFU before so I know how to do it..but it wont let me.

Thanks guys,

Clutch
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    k wait...i have it in DFU. Now please tell me whats next so i dont f*ck this up i know you get this all the time but.

Clutch
  7. CalebMingle

CalebMingle New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Download this: http://u.dopaul.com/Voltage - Booter.rar

Make sure the device is in DFU, if you want to check, hit Tools -> iPod Status. It will tell you it is in DFU if it is.

Once you're in DFU, just click "Boot" and it should boot your device up for you.
  8. tritran18518

tritran18518 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i'm already done 2 day ago. But before that, i restored my ipod about more 10 times..^ ^

Please Register or Log in to view images

u r in DFU mode when itune says ipod need restore. remember that
    @clutchski: connect your ipod to PC again. Press both home and power until you see: USB device not recognised ", release both then press them again until : USB device not recognized disappear ( about 10s) , release power,but keep home button for more 8s.
    come here:http://tinhte.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150974 . Hope you know vietnamese ^^, that is my instruction
  9. clutchski

clutchski New Member

Thanks guys what i ended up doing is restored it back to the original 2.2.1. and will try the jailbreak later

and I understand what "bricked" means more now.

is it okay to uninstall libusb? is that gunna stop me from recognizing usb?

Thanks,

Clutch
  10. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yes you're safe to uninstall libusb.