my touch thinks it's an iphone

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by c0ughdrop, Jan 10, 2008.

1. c0ughdrop

c0ughdrop New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    at least i think so. i've had a jailbroken 16gig 1.1.2 touch for some months now and never had a problem i coudn't fix myself until now.
    all my app icons show now (most of them were hidden using customize or categories). and nothing happens when i tap them except turn that darker shade to indicate that u did tap it.

the reason i think the touch thinks its an iphone is that wen i force it to restart they keypad to enter my passcode has the "emergency call" buttton in the bottom left; a "waiting for activation" window pops up once i get to the springboard; "no service" on the top left of the screen where "ipod" should be written; and my dock icons are the mail app and safari ( the 4 icons i think that are on the iphone's dock by default are mail, safari, ipod and phone. since the touch doesn't have 'phone' and 'ipod' naturally only the remaining 2 are shown on my dock i guess).

as for the reason, i haven't a clue. i had just finished uninstalling ilauncher and xlaunch consecutively using the installer app, exited out to the springboard and it refreshed as normal then ended up how it is now. the categories app may also have something to do with it. i downloaded it yesterday, its really handy. ive been using 3 diff categories. i guess i should add that i only had the 2 launchers on my touch for 2 mins just to see how they are (quite useless).

any insight would be greatly appreciated. thanks :<
  2. c0ughdrop

c0ughdrop New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    solved

it was xlaunch that messed things up. some1 posted a script for making a custom N45AP.plist so i made 1 and overwrote the 1 on my touch
  3. nicksonyap

nicksonyap New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Firmware

maybe you installed the wrong iPod Touch firmware to iPhone's

the name of the iPod Touch firmware's name should be like that :
    iPod1,1_1.1.4_4A102_Restore

not:
    iPhone1,1_1.1.4_4A102_Restore

REMEMBER ! its not the same !

>>>click here for the list of iPod firmware links<<<