my thoughts on the next iPod touch

Discussion in 'Apple Discussions, Rumours and Speculation' started by nightspwnx, Jul 27, 2008.

1. nightspwnx

nightspwnx Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    With the release of the new iPhone I think we can figure out what the next iPod touch will be like. First I don't think the new iPod will have a camera I don't care how many times someone tries to tell us it's coming. Apple wants you to buy an iPhone so the more differences they have between the iPod and the iPhone the better in there eyes. There will be no gps for the same reason as before. The iPod will probably have the same back as the iPhone making your current docks useless. Apple may get rid of the 8gb making the low end the 16gb but I don't think they will release a 64gb for another couple of months like what they did with the 32gb. Maybe like the iPhone going from 2g to 3g the iPod will also get a speed boost from 802.11b/g to 802.11n. I don't think it would be logical for apple to do anything else to the iPod other then what I said. Let me know what you think.
  2. macfanboy

macfanboy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    the new iphone doesnt support 801.11n so i doubt that the ipod will support n
  3. mcarter7190

mcarter7190 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    as much as i want the camera, i have to agree with you. actually it all doesn't matter to me because i have no more money to spend on a new iPod anyways.
  4. b1j4nt

b1j4nt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  5. msudude1885@aim.com

msudude1885@aim.com New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The new ipod touch should have (but probably won't)
    -external speakers
    -external volume controls
    -802.11n wifi
    -more ram to prevent crashes
    -faster cpu
    -more battery life
    -camera
    -80gb and 160gb

there is no 802.11n or 160 gb iphone but at the launch of the touch there was no wifi music store on the iphone either
  6. bob vansteel

bob vansteel Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    80gb and 160gb are totly impossible....unless you're willing to pay $999 for it. (because they definatly aren't putting HDD in the iPod touch)
  7. darc10222

darc10222 Banned

I love how people think it's even POSSIBLE to put 64gb HDDs in the iPod Touch.
    THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS.
  8. optikalefx

optikalefx New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    samsung makes a 64 gig ssd, which is the size ofthe 32 gig ssd in there now, do your research.
  9. Jesus69

Jesus69 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    A great addition to the touch would be bluetooth!! I cant believe this isnt talked about but it seems to me like a feature needed on the touch...and unfortunanetly i think there is going to be a front camera for voip??
  10. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

my thoughts exactly. SSD's are slowly increasing in popularity (especially with netbooks such as the EEE PC, Acer Aspire One, etc). in fact, ASUS plans to introduce 32GB/64GB SSD chips in their next batch of EEE PC's, so fitting one of these in an iPod is totally do-able.