my thoughts on the future devices...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sjleworthy, Apr 29, 2009.

1. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    we all want new gizmos and add ons to the ipod touch. these ideas we all talk about either get praise or slanting from the rest of us (usually the latter). even though Apple are probably fully aware of our wants and wishes they obviously have their own plan of action too.

I'd personally love a 'go-anywhere' internet plan, flash and possibly a camera. that'd do me, and with current technology not only is this more than achievable but also doesn't need to make the device any bulkier or thicker.
    But i'm not too concerned about speculation in here (because thats all it is) and am happy to wait until Apple release in their own time.

But the more i think about it the more i think Apple will keep on it's original development path where their ipods are concerned. I think the Touch will continue to have memory/processor/firmware upgrades as time progresses, but this will soon (and already has to a certain extent) level out. there's only so far you can take a device.
    i'd like to see the dock ports expanded - how about open up the dock station up to external developers? at least extra goodies could be added in this way (ie, internet dongle, camera??? etc etc) but how likely is this? dunno.

Apple also have to evolve themselves. So far nobody's mentioned the next generation of ipods. the next evolution of ipod touches. obviously nobody knows anything, but progression is only natural. and it will happen soon for sure.

perhaps all these new wishes and wants will be released with the next or new generation of ipods. and what about the rumours of Apple's tablet? these are fairly strong rumours and very very exciting. No reason why the new tablet (or whatever) wont take on all these issues and leave the Touch to slowly evolve as it is. The day this tablet is released i'll be straight into my wallet for my credit card

Please Register or Log in to view images

but again, knowbody knows anything. It makes me mad when people (kids usually) in here have such an arrogant know-it-all attitude about development. you dont! you know just as much as the next man - which is basically nothing.
    They might give us an all new super vamped ipod touch that rivals the iphone (no reason why not, they'll both sell massively) or just tweak it here and there making us all question things again.

whatever, Apple dont stay still for long

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    "go-everywhere internet" is already available. It's called 3G and Edge. Or you can subscribe to AT&T's wifi plans which have lots of wifi spots around the country.
  3. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Ah yes, but then I need an iPhone. And an iPhone's plan not only includes go anywhere Internet but a phone plan too. Which I don't want. Which coats a lot pf money. A lot more money than just mobile Internet. Perhaps I didn't make my post too clear. Um, well yes I did actually.
  4. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    The problem is that any service will have to go through a data provider like AT&T. And AT&T wouldn't really profit from all of the bandwidth an iPod/iPhone would use, especially since you'd want lower prices.
  5. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    fair point, but mobile Internet without cell phone is easily available at less than half of the iPhone's current cheapest plan. It's a case of how it can be obtained. And I'm sure it could. Others do.
  6. callofduty4

callofduty4 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Very nice post sjleworthy, anywhere internet would be very nice and a camera would also be great. Cant wait to see what apple has coming up soon.
  7. pss

pss New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Indeed it would be very nice...however, they're never going to put it in. It doesn't make any business sense to sell one device as a phone and another that is literally another device without the "phone" part (ipod touch as it is now is not the "iphone without the phone.")
  8. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    well, first off you cant say it'll never happen. impossible. secondly, it makes perfect sense to give the option to separate cell phone from internet device. both devices will still sell heavily as the market is enough to share. thirdly, whether the ipod Touch gets anywhere internet or not, there's a bigger picture. what about the next gen or the (hopefully) forthcoming tablet series? thats the point of my post. i cant see Apple just limiting internet anywhere to just it's expensively monthly contracted iphone. there are enough 3rd party devs out there that could integrate a dongle or hardware device. If you guys think Apple will never progress from it's iphone as it's only port for anywhere internet on a pocket devise then you got not much imagination.

Touch or not, it'll surely happen.
  9. peepingmike

peepingmike Member

I just want a camera.
  10. HTXMEX

HTXMEX New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'd be more than happy with a camera (vid n Flash).