My theory about the new devices

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by shortperson1026, Jul 23, 2009.

1. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

I don't think that the 2nd gen touch and the 4th gen nano will be discontinued. I think that they will bump the prices of those devices down and introduce the new devices with the cameras alongside the current ones, similar to the new iPhone. Anyone else see this happening?
  2. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

very much. it seems (since im a nintendo fan) thats the way nintendo would usually go when they introduce new hardware. so i expect apple will do the same
  3. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Depends on the quality of the cameras
  4. Peru 707

Peru 707 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If they got the words nano or ipod touch in them the old ipod touch and Nano WILL be dis****inued. Its how it is new device comes in old one are dropped until they run out of them. Although they will continue to sell at a lower price until they run out.

Only way they can keep manucfactering the old one is if like you said put new ones in a different catagory, but the camera alone isn't enough. Least what i think.
  5. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Unless the camera is like a real camera ~ 7mp 5x optical zoom or something like that
  6. Peru 707

Peru 707 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ya but the most it can be is 3mp since the 3gs is 3mp. Also that would increase the price on the touch and nano by a good amount.
  7. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I realize that they would not put any camera better than a 3mp

but in order to make 2 separate lines of devices, this would have to happen- a large price difference
  8. Peru 707

Peru 707 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If it does happen it will happen in the future cause if they did it now the ipod would be almost double the price. Would be nice to have a camera in and ipod with that great of quality drop the need of a camera think it will only happen though if Apple get into the camera business
  9. ELLDAWG

ELLDAWG Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    yer i agrree, it will be like.... pay a little bit more to get a built in camera

if you are not going to use/need a camera... and just want a music player, then you pay the normal price for one with no added amount to get a camera
  10. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    For me, there is no need for a camera on the iPod touch... Which is why I'll still stick to my 2G and maintain the SonyE for camera and video...

Please Register or Log in to view images