My theme won't change, even after i deleted it!?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Unregistered, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I'm extremely frustrated with this, I just bought a jailbroken second gen ipod touch, 4.0.2 firmware. It has this annoying zelda theme with REALLY REALLY ANNOYING audio that makes me want to smash this thing everytime I hear it.

I've tried installing themes from cydia, nothing works. I uninstalled everything that had "zelda" on my ipod, and its STILL THERE! WTF!!! How do I get rid of this???

And how do you put music on it?? The dude that sold it to me told me not to sync it with itunes, I googled how you would put it on and got a few third party programs that didn't work.
  2. Peebs

Peebs New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Use iTunes, why not??

Update to 4.1 jailbreak with limera1n or greenpois0n doesn't matter which, people will claim that limera1n is crap because they dislike the developer but it's fine really...
  3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

How do I change the theme tho? Thats my main problem lol
  4. Imariel

Imariel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    They might have changed the stock file. You'll have to find whatever file that was changed and replace it with one you want. Download iFile and navigate to /System/Library/Audio/UISounds/ and start playing the files. If one of them is the one you're looking for you'll have to change it.
  5. Bigray14719

Bigray14719 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The problem is that the program winterboard is used toggle themes on and off.
    Your friend had several Zelda themes installed. They were toggled ON.
    This changed all the icons, backgrounds and sounds..etc..
    You deleted the themes without toggling them OFF, this left everything toggled ON.
    If you uninstall themes when there toggled ON, It often causes issues.
    I cant tell you how to fix it, But I can tell you that's your problem.

It would be along process, but you could restore to 4.1 then downgrade to 4.0 using ireb. Then jailbreak using Jailbreakme.com. That would leave you with a fresh jailbroken ipod all yours. And as far as the itunes thing. Jailbroken ipods can be synced to itunes but only to one computer at a time. So it cant be synced to both your friends computer and yours.