My take on the Appstore and Installer.

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by lessermaster, Jul 25, 2008.

1. lessermaster

lessermaster New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Basically, I view each of them better for a certain purpose. Unlike some people saying, OMG APPSTORE IZ WAY BETTERZ or the other way around, I view them both as useful. Pretty much, the appstore is more stable and MUCH better for games. I've never had a crash while using Appstore and it feels very polished. I really dislike how limited the appstore is. BUT, installer is definitley stronger with actual applications. I also like the freedom of being able to add and remove sources. The apps on installer are actual APPS, like Summerboard and Finder. So far, the only "app" on Appstore that lives up to these others is Remote. Also, necessary apps such as BossTool are not available on the appstore, and is even more needed because of the added international keyboards. Now that my rant is over, you may now post.
  2. tag009

tag009 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    what about cydia?
  3. sucram6791

sucram6791 New Member

cydia sucks
    installer is gonna b huge cuz ull b able to have themes on 2.0 and have the appstore at the same time so u have 2 different sources of getting great apps

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. crunchbot

crunchbot New Member

i disagree. I've had way more crashes since installing 2.0 than i ever had with installer or cydia, which was once, to the home screen. I get daily crashes to the apple with 2.0. Whether or not it's the appstore's fault or the apps, it's hard to say, since the crashes have happened in downloaded apps as well as safari. I'd downgrade to 1.1.4 jailbroken again, but it's such a headache if you upgraded to itunes 7.7, and there's nothing to installer on the JB'd 2.0 yet. Thankfully stanza works *most* of the time.
  5. angrysheepdog

angrysheepdog New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    eah, in 2.0 i get crashes when installing apps, sometimes it will justr freeze. i like installer better cause it would install it first, then let u do stuff; so if it crashes, it would just be a simple reboot that solves it.
  6. MegaMan

MegaMan New Member

cydia is ok, I will have to wait for installer 4 to decide which one is better
    and appstore plus installer = better
  7. troublesome_killa

troublesome_killa Member

I dont like Cydia. I love the appstore

Please Register or Log in to view images

I rather have installer than Cydia
  8. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    With Firmware 2.0 jailbreak, we'll see a combination of both the methods, providing us with a vast selection of applications, both with their own positives and negatives.
  9. Greatnesss

Greatnesss Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    y do u always post in a very formal way??

Anyways..cydia has too many buga so yah installer and app store will make a much better combination
  10. nubby

nubby New Member

bcuz it aint kool typin lik dis

Anyways, I have yet to use Installed since I am a new iPod touch owner running 2.0 jailbreak. I think Cydia is awesome, but that might be because I have had no problems with it, and with the addition of the app store it is awesome!