My Stance On 2.0 And Jailbreaking

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Khaos, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have seen so many threads on "Will jailbreaking be worth it? Should I jailbreak 2.0? Will there be a 2.0 Jailbreak?" Well here are the answers and my opinion

Red = Question

Blue = Answer

Will there be a jailbreak for 2.0
    Yes, they so far have jailbroken all the 2.0 firmwares ATM and once the final comes out, it shouldn't be hard, its just the concept of porting the apps to the 2.0 firmworks

Will jailbreaking be worth it
    There is only one reason that people should jailbreak 2.0, Themes, I can understand not changing icons but at least a Background (Correct me if I am wrong), if 2.0 has a background, there is no reason to jailbreak

Why shouldn't I jailbreak
    First of all, whats the point? If people are making apps why not just make them for the App Store, they have the right to give it out for free, if its gonna be free on installer, make it for the App Store, more people download, I mean they need to build with the SDK right? Second, App Store = Quality Time Wasting Apps Like Super Monkey Ball, Spore etc., Installer = Utilities, Quick Games, etc...

Will there still be a jailbreaking Community
    Yes, not everyone will update, many people will stay and do to how many people are in the jailbreaken community, it will continue till the very end

Should I update to 2.0 when it comes out (July 11th, Possible Earlier)
    If you are getting a iPhone 3G and are not selling it, you might as well use the old iPhone/iPod Touch for jailbreak and 3G for 2.0 (Definitely 2.0 for 3G or the 3G features will not work) If you are keeping the same one and not buying a 3G, update, If you are buying a iPod Touch, keep 2.0

That's my stance on it...

2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch

The Betas up to 5A240d have been jailbroken. Everything after that and the Final hasn't. Also, the iPhone Dev Team has NO OBLIGATION or MOTIVATION whatsoever to release their jailbreak, if they have it or not. For all you know, they could be working for Apple. I had a conspiracy theory about em. Installer was basically a huge Experiment to see how to get 2.0 and App Store off the ground. There is a reason why the iPhone Dev Team doesn't want donations.

I could only see jailbreaking feasible for indie hardware makers like someone I know. As far as Apps, I'd only see it growing if tons of SDK People couldn't get into the dev program.
    App Store doesn't only have Time Wasting apps you know. They also have apps that are productive, though we do not know what those are as of yet. Also, you forget the low quality that is, Installer Apps (Not Installer App Itself, that thing is Golden. But the apps you get from it.) I see Jailbreaking being more time wasting because of all the damn fixes and bugs. SSHing, SWOD, etc.

Yay, Stance!
  3. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Theres is limited number of beta developers, we know that from beginning, and there a large group in beta program that are normal people, some of them don't even planing to code

Please Register or Log in to view images

the real thing will start after opening AppStore... i hope so.

JB will still live, since there no customize or "cool" emulators (geez, let iPhone make some own cool native games :>) in SDK. Oh, and BG processes

well mostly for IM, but Push Notification will save the day i think.... broken games by phone calles? it's an old myth to scare ppl from SDK

State save ppl
  4. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Remove your tinfoil hat and clear your eyes.
  5. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I see where your coming with this...

The jailbreak all firmwares was just cause I was in a hurry

The conspiracy thing... You have a point there...

Also the time wasting part was again, I was in a hurry, ebay, etc. will be productive, maybe even Slingbox...

SSHing and fixes is a part of life (Not the ssh part) but nothing ever works perfectly, you take a risk jailbreaking (Not really) but you go beyond official into unapproved 3rd party apps where there is always a risk...

Stance = Good

Not all of them have to be a beta developer, my point stands, why make it for installer when you can just put it on the App Store and Sell It (Or make it free

) World wide, you still have to use the SDK unless there becomes a ToolChain then go ahead...
  6. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

what?
  7. darkshadow

darkshadow Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Wrong, what about people who don't use Windows or Mac's . For example I just run Linux and the only access I have to a Windows machine is my mom's who lives in a different city. Without jailbreaking so I could use gtkpod I would be incapable of having a iPod Touch.
  8. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Your example is quite rare

9. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    u forgot its not only themes. im staying on 1.1.4 because of not only themes, but for pocket touch, and emulators which i use a lot.
  10. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    His views on jailbreaking and what constitutes it have always been completely warped, so I told him to remove his tinfoil hat, which conspiracy theorists wear to prevent people from controlling their mind.