My Sounds category in Settings is gone!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by gadgetsboyj, Feb 3, 2008.

1. gadgetsboyj

gadgetsboyj Banned

My Sounds category dissapeared from the preferences. I NEED it back! I shut off every sound and then it dissapeared! I don't feel like starting all over again! Yes its an iPod Touch, but I made it think its an iPhone. Thats why I have the sound option in Settings.
  2. jshuler

jshuler New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    You might have better luck getting help if you provide more details:
    What firmware are you using?
    How exactly did you make it think it is an iPhone?

In all reality, if something is messed up, just restore the iPod and re-jailbreak it. Use the dev-team's method to get 1.1.3, and use the installer repo to get the apps.
  3. gadgetsboyj

gadgetsboyj Banned

Whatever you do, please don't leave!

I have Jailbroken 1.1.3
    Nate True's Method
    Renamed M68AP.plist to N45AP.plist to make it think its an iPhone
    I used the Categories app, it rewrote N45AP.plist, and Sounds dissapeared from Settings. Please help!!
  4. jshuler

jshuler New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    From what I have read, a lot of people had problems with Nate True's method - even if you could get your sound back, you will have a whole mess of compatibility issues down the road.

Just restore it to 1.1.1 (using recovery mode), and follow one of the tutorials for the official dev team's method.

To get the apps, there is an installer repo that will do it without all the problems of modifying the plist yourself.

I know it kinda sucks to have to start over, but you will be better off in the long run.
  5. Andy Huang

Andy Huang Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    All junk posts (including crappy bumps) are removed from thread.
    Please do not bump threads... especially not 10 times in lesser than 10 hours... further bumping will result in infraction and or banning.

If you want help, please document step-by-step prodcedures as to how the problem came in in the first place. Usually if you reverse those steps, you can resolve the problem. If not, at least we know where you messed up and we can think about how to fix it for you together as a group.