my songs just disappeared on my touch? help please!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by livieeexoo, Feb 16, 2009.

1. livieeexoo

livieeexoo New Member

i've been on it all day on the internet, and using all my applications but i haven't listened to the music since yesterday. i just clicked to open my music and it said i had no music..? all my apps are still on it.. i plugged it into the computer and it automatically starting to sync. when i was done it still said i didnt have any songs.. all my songs on itunes are still there- so then i manually synced it again but still no songs on my ipod.. what happened?! please helppp!
  2. Brewstermax

Brewstermax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Do you have a really large "Other" section? Someone else had that problem. It has something to do with a folder being out of place.
  3. idk761

idk761 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Try to SSH your songs to ipod touch, it will take a while if you have a lot of songs.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Just test it with one song. I was able to put songs on to dTunes using SSH. So you can probably do it with the official media player.

At first I thought you said Your son dissapear.
  4. livieeexoo

livieeexoo New Member

i don't have any "other folders" or at least not that i know of... and i also don't know was SSH means, none the less how to do it, lol i'm a bit technology impaired when it gets all technical. i read somewhere else that a bunch of people are having the same problem, but they all restored their ipods and everything worked fine again. i just finished restoring my ipod but none of my songs went back on it! and since i had to restore all my apps are gone. im SO fusterated!!

5. Tavis_C

Tavis_C Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This happened to me, before I JB it. My "other" size grew to about what my songs were, eventually I just restored and resync'd.
  6. livieeexoo

livieeexoo New Member

i restored it 3 times already, and now i have an ipod with nothing on it, and i still wont let me but my songs on it!
  7. geavone

geavone New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    For all thats having trouble accessing the "IPOD CONTROL" folder on iphones its because apple removed that option in itunes. so to view your iphone files download this program called "iphone browser" and install it. after the install plug up your iphone to your PC and go to: var - mobile - media - itunes control - media in the iphone browser on left side. if you follow my directions you should see a bunch of folders containing music files. what i did was back up my media folder to my itunes folder and then deleted that folder from my iphone and then re-synced my iphone. if you don't know much about computer files ask before you delete anything from your phone first.
    http://www.brothersoft.com/iphonebrowser-190579.html
  8. Shailoh

Shailoh New Member

This happened to me as well. Upgraded to 3.1.3 and lost music and videos from ipod touch but iTunes still showed that the music, etc was on the ipod. Don't restore. I used the iphonebrowser, backed up a couple music folders and saved some folders to the computer. Note that I did not back up all folders, just a couple. Opened up iTunes, did a sync and then added the local music folders to iTunes Library and transferred some files to ipod touch. After this, all my music & vids reappeared on the ipod because it was already there in the first place, just wasn't able to display on ipod for some reason.
    Note that this is not the same computer that I loaded with (otherwise, I would just re-synch with backup) and I just installed the latest itunes 9 to this new computer. I don't think I backed up the ipod before updating firmware either, just did a synch with the apps. All my music are manually managed. It was pretty quick. Reloading it from a backup would take an entire day since I have several gigs of movies.