My Saga to get an iPoT.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sitric, Oct 17, 2007.

1. sitric

sitric New Member

Hey,
    on 29th September, i was watching the apple keynote and realized that the iPoT was finally out. (i hadnt realized earlier as i just started with college and it had been a lot of work). So i started looking online (as there is no apple store around this area) for some good deals for the iPoT 8 gig.. i found about the target $30 discount and decided to go with it. I placed my order and started to wait patiently. After 1 week of waiting with an estimated delivery date of over 1 month, i got sick and cancelled the order. I was too impatient to get my hands on the touch. So i ordered it from apple.com (7th October)... which gave me a 10day delivery date. I was happy with it.

Then after 1 or two days i think, there were these free songs from itunes through the ticketmaster facebook group. I made a lot of account and got nearly 100 free songs. used 60 of them. Today in the morning i got an email from apple appriciating my itunes purchases (i never used itunes store otherwise), and they gave me a $30 coupon for the next purchase i make at the apple store above $300. I called apple immideately and asked them whether they could apply this code for me on my current unshipped iPoT. They Agreed. My iPoT's being shipped tomorrow. I'm loving it....

Moral of the story is, i got 100 free songs, $30 discount on my iPoT, a certain shipping date, Direct business from apple.
  2. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    NICE!! Have fun with your new touch.
  3. potter_pwns

potter_pwns New Member

Mhm, but I heard you shouldn't make multiple accounts for the Facebook thing?
    Cause wouldn't the codes all be used on that one iTunes account?
    And they see you're basicly taking all those free songs..
    Idk. I just got 5.
  4. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    Wow dude your lucky.
  5. hurricane284

hurricane284 New Member

well your lucky i need to wait 2 months until i get my touch for my birthday
  6. termin8or123

termin8or123 New Member

ahh, my iPod touch is sitting on my bed un-opened brand new 16 GB. Waiting to open it, then jailbreak it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I got like 400....lol
  8. computer_geek_19

computer_geek_19 New Member

i rather go to isohunt and download the music for free instead of going through all that hazzle, lol

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. potter_pwns

potter_pwns New Member

Eh, hope you don't get in trouble dude.
  10. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    That is very nice. I did something similar to what you did, but after customer service put me on hold for 20 minutes, the representative apologized for the wait and asked me if I wanted a case with my order, I said no, but he told me it was free, and I received a free skin from Apple, though it was not made by them, it was still VERY nice of them. I must say, I think out of all the customer service reps I've been in touch with, Apple's is the greatest.