My Review About the IPod Touch 4th Gen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by halolordkiller3, Sep 8, 2010.

1. halolordkiller3

halolordkiller3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Well i have had my brand new IPod Touch 4th gen 32gb model and i must say it is the best one i have ever used!

Compared To Older IPod Touches
    • Much Faster
    • Same amount of ram as the 3rd gen (256Mb)
    • Boot's Up Alot Quicker
    • Can Boot up apps a lot quicker

The Camera(s)
    In my opinion the camera's are not as bad as they sound or "look" Even with a "HD" video of the IPod Touch showing Facetime and HD recording, it's not the same when you actually have it in your own hands. The Pictures are really really good on the back and the front even with .7 megapixel camera! Sure there not as good as the IPhone 4, but you know what its better then no Camera at all.

I was able to Facetime with my friend who has an Iphone 4 earlier today and it was awesome! The front camera is just as good if not better then the back camera. I was able to speak and not lag at all clearly. Facetime is a major plus for people who know others with IPod Touch or Iphone 4. You will have a fun time facetiming with others. If you have never webcamed b4 its a great new experience. I have webcamed with people before and im going to have to admit, i like the ipod better because its no lag at all and even easier to well web cam because you can carry it with you anywhere!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CghHlQLJzKA

Speed

Please Register or Log in to view images

Yes the picture says it all its is really fast. It is just as fast as the IPhone 4. Yes the IPad is still slightly faster mainly because the IPhone 4 and Itouch are underclocked so that just says a lot right there. From booting up apps, to multitasking, this new ipod touch is amazing. If you ever wanted the new iphone 4, but didnt want AT&T and are on a network that does not use sim cards then i recommend getting an IPod Touch 4. I have used it on Angry Birds, Real Racing etc and it handles them all extremely well!

Speaker
    The Speaker is the same to me. The only difference is that its more clear because its now on the outside at the very bottom. So there really isn't much to say here.

Retina Display
    Well as we all have heard and know, this isn't the EXACT same retina display thats in the current Iphone 4. When compared to my friends there actually wasn't much of a difference. The only difference really is the angel you look at it. If you look at them both straight on, they both look the same. Look at them from a 45* angel, you can see that the IPod touch will lose the amazing display. Basically what you can say is the IPhone 4 has a 360* Retina Display while the IPod Touch 4th Gen has a front direct look one, but think for a minute, why are you going to look at the IPod on an angel anyways.....But yes the Retina Display is amazing!

Side Notes
    • No Numeric Battery Option
    • Game Center Is still being updated for games
    • THERE IS NO HDR AT THE MOMENT
    • Recording HD Video's Doesn't really drain battery life at all
    • The new Sync Cords are a lot tighter so be careful taking them out of the ipod. Yes old sync cords work if your worried

Overall, this device is just the best. I have tried all different generations of the Ipod Touch and this is by far the best. Period. As i said earlier, if you want the IPhone 4 but dont want the carrier then get this. After i had my Itouch 2nd gen stolen about a year ago, i really wanted to get the 3rd gen, but i had a feeling the next one would have something that would just be amazing and here it is. If you dont have a camera and want one with music and apps then get this. This is the best and would make a wonderful gift!

Well if you guys have any other questions or comments that need to be answered just let me know and ill post back and update the Original Post.
  2. touchfan092

touchfan092 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    nice review

Please Register or Log in to view images

i completely agree with everything you said. it's an awesome little device and i absolutely love it!
  3. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It has the same amount of ram as the iPod touch 3G..
  4. mappy4ever

mappy4ever Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Sigh.. Yeah!
  5. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    The 3rd Generation models and the 4th Generation both have the same amour of RAM, you know.
  6. mappy4ever

mappy4ever Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    For a Second, I thought that Picture was taken by iPod touch 4G.. I was like Woooooo! And Then I saw watermark.

lol
  7. Dkapod

Dkapod New Member

good on u!
  8. Matt_Maggots

Matt_Maggots Banned

Nice review, kudos to you.

Anywho, I'm still going to wait for the iPod touch 5.
  9. iDestiny

iDestiny Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Numeric battery may be enabled with .plist edit. Probably.

iTouch 5 won't be pwned for life -.-'
  10. halolordkiller3

halolordkiller3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    sorry about the ram mix up my mind was set on the 512 for a second lol