My Reaction To App Store Noobs

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by BigDaveyJ, Jul 20, 2008.

1. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I am sick of the idiots out there posting their mind on the reviews. They are dumb and people dont really think of what they are saying. Here are some examples of what i am talking about

From Pool App: This is the same exact pool game that was available on installer. Installer is coming back soon, so I'll just wait to get it there for free.

My Reaction: Uhm, you might be able to get it on there but you wont be able to play it.....

From TTR App: Not as good as the jailbreak version. Could have had better songs and the possibly use your own songs. Overall it's ok but needs work.

My Reaction: It's PIRACY. Unless you have the written consent to use the songs. It is piracy.

Just because its not a jailbreak version or its priced something you think it should be less. Don't give it a lousy score. That brings down the overall score of the app. And if it is an amazing app like pool. It would have 4-5 stars instead of 3.
  2. M4V3R1K

M4V3R1K New Member

3. jeffthetheft

jeffthetheft New Member

He's right, you know.
  4. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

Maybe. But you're on a forum that mostly talks about jailbreaking so If you dont like whats spoken about then log out. Some people do moan too much but if they want apps for free by using installer then so be it. I know for a fact I wont be buying songs off TTR so I'll wait for the jailbreak until I play it properly. Thats mostly the point of the forums nowadays.
  5. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    TTR wont be available on 2.0 because of the different frameworks, and now that its on App Store you wont be able to get a ported jailbroken version because that is now somewhat piracy of an app even though its free
  6. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

Hmm I get you. But wont they fix it so that it can be used on 2.0 just like most other apps are being done? I dont think piracy matters to a lot of people even though it is wrong obviously.
  7. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

good post. it's been bugging me how off-topic and ridiculous the reviews can get. it's fine to post a negative review if you can give constructive criticism. But giving an app 1 star because you thinks its expensive or you can get it on Installer is an abuse of the system. And its very unfair to the devs who spent their time creating the app. A lot of people rely on the reviews to help make a purchasing decision. There are no demos or trials right now, so word of mouth is the only reliable method of detailing the value of an app in the store.

i don't think the op's post is in anyway a ctritique of jailbreaking, btw.
  8. brisingr

brisingr New Member

someone: Why pay for 2.0 when you can get the same exact apps from installer for free?
  9. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

umm... to support the developers?

just because something is free, it doesn't means its good...
  10. Covenant550

Covenant550 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    let people say what they want. but i agree with mikesgroove