My questions:

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by Nawaaz91, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Nawaaz91

Nawaaz91 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    1. Installer is functioning, yet how come I can download programs like gpSPhone and weDict but it crashes upon things like Converter
    2. How come when I download stuff on Installer it'll say "downloading package" and then go to "installing package" and then crash..and how come one time it did that I had the app fully functioning, but it wasn't even listed in uninstall, nor was there any trace of the app anywhere else (except I haven't checked Applications yet, SSH doesn't work and I can't install Squid or anything else like that)
    Is there a way to fix the Installer crashing? I've already replaced Installer and set permissions to 4755.
    3. Is there any way to install an SSH icon on the main screen? I installed OpenSSH then uninstalled it because I thought that was proper considering there was no icon, but now I cannot SSH into my ipod touch and I can't get in, even if I try to install OpenSSH again because it crashes like in my second question.
    4. Not important, but is there a 5 icon dock available to use, like how we used to do it through customize. Again, this is not that important, just curious.
  2. Nawaaz91

Nawaaz91 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    If I can't install OpenSSH through installer then I fear I may be screwed.
  3. cantcatchme939

cantcatchme939 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    number 2 is the same for me
  4. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    first of all, what method did you use the jailbreak? second, did you use BossTool to move your applications folder? if not, thats whats causing your problem of not being able to install things, if you're out of application room
  5. 1337chaos

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    number 2 is because you're out of application space. you need to uninstall some stuff, download BossTool, move the application folder, and then you have unlimited space
  6. Nawaaz91

Nawaaz91 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    but I was told not to use Version .34, but version .34a and I don't know where that is

I used the all in one package, at the very top of the forum. Worked great, wiggles and mail and all, installing is just a problem.

Will try bosstools if version .34 is ok, unless I need a new source.

and I'm speaking out of ignorance, but to Applications should just be at :/ right? because I don't know whats wrong with the old one.
  7. 1337chaos

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    version .35 is the newest, and works flawless with 1.1.3 (it was just released today) its under the BigBoss repo.
  8. Nawaaz91

Nawaaz91 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I'll look for that, prolly here on this site under the All Sources Thread
  9. Nawaaz91

Nawaaz91 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    sleepers.net repo yup got it.

thank you. BossTool is the MAN.
  10. 1337chaos