my problem with 1.1.2 jailbreak..perhaps a soultuion?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by heroin, Dec 29, 2007.

1. heroin

heroin New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    ok i did all the steps to prepare for 1.1.2 jailbreak, worked fine and have everyting installed. when i click on the installer tab the introduction thing doesnt show up and some of the items in stall arent there for example: nes emulator and the bsd thing to install. Am i missing a complete step here? do i have to do this all over? a little help here.
    thanks
  2. VViper

VViper New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok, from what it sounds like everything is fine, the reason why you are missing the new emulator and the other apps is because you need to add the sources. Sources are web addresses that the installer looks up to download the apps from. Each source has different apps on them so to get all the different apps you need to add more sources. To find a good list sources and the apps they contain just use the search, search for "sources list".

What do you mean the introduction doesn't show up? What happens when you click on the installer app? Can you see at the bottom Featured Install Update and Uninstall? Give a bit more detail to what happens.
  3. heroin

heroin New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    yes i can see the bottom stuff but the main page there is nothing there, its pure blank, sometimes it hangs on refresh resources. as for adding sources where do i search?
  4. VViper

VViper New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The blank page sounds odd, not to be patronising but is your Wi-Fi connection working because I get a blank main page on the installer if I don't have a connection.

At the top of the forum, the top bar with "user cp" "members list" etc on it there is also a search button. Justs search "sources" and look for "ultimate source list" or something like that.
  5. heroin

heroin New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    ok heres what i got figured out last night, since im a newb and i had an ipod touch for like 2 days now i had to discover alot of things an d luckily read up alot, and also get help from nice folk like you. heres where i stand: i got a few sources, got the nes emu, and am happy and jolly even though i cannot connect to winscp for some reason which im thinking may be just a wifi issue? in any case i was wondering this now: lets say i want to use the nes emu for any random reason or maybe hell even a notepad app or anything related to those categories and i dl them from a repo, will they be dled and installed into my itouch or do i need to be on a wifi to use each thing like the nes emu or something?
    please excuse my spelling i cant find my glasses.

thats really about it, that one question and connecting with winscp, i know there arte picture tutorials but i still cant connect. so im thinking its my sh*tty wifi. thanks.
  6. VViper

VViper New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm guessing you have the right ip address and password etc from when you jailbroke it. The problem it sounds like is that you need to turn on SSH. One of the apps that is on your springboard (home page) is called "SSH". Open it and click enable. Then try again to connect using Winscp. By enabling SSH you are 'opening up' you ipod to look at its files.

Yes they are downloaded to your touch and you don't need Wi-Fi to play on them. However the ipod is effectively given partitions for the files on it. As Standard putting 3rd party apps on only has a small partition. So if you want more space for 3rd party apps then just use the search and look for creating more space or something.

But no you don't need a Wi-Fi Connection to use the apps you downloaded.

Any other problems just post them and I'll be happy to help!
  7. heroin

heroin New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    this is awesome! your really helping me out, one more thing do i need the bsd subsystem installed or not to connect to itouch with winscp? i read that somewhere but i cant find the article

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. VViper

VViper New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm not sure, I have it installed but I'll check if you need it to SSH to your iPod.

Edit: yes, you do need it, it allows some programs to work with it when using ssh to your iPod.you can't unistall it but if you don't install it you won't be able to install some other apps. So, in short, yes do install it does no harm and let's you install other apps.

Hope that was helpful.