My Predictions

Discussion in 'September 9, 2009 Event' started by Akiyama Mio, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Akiyama Mio

Akiyama Mio Member

Ah. One of my favorite times of the year, Apple Event Months!

Please Register or Log in to view images

yay. Time for....-drumroll-

My predictions.

iPods
    • iPod Touch will get more storage, up to 64gb, and 8gb will be phased out completely. The Touch will also get a 2MP Camera and a mic.
    • iPod Nano 5G will be announced. New features include WiFi capabilities. Will get a slightly larger screen, and an unknown MP camera.
    • iPod Classic will get updated aswell, receiving a Nano-esque design and slighly thinned down.

iTunes 9
    • "c*cktail" concept
    • Blu-ray support for hardware supporting such.
    • Social Networking concept, turning iTunes into one giant social and music application.

That's really it. x; NO APPLE TABLET.. If I believe correctly, an apple tablet would be released during the notebook event during November. This event is probably going to be based on Music like last year.
  2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

Wait iPod nano with WiFi? To be used how?
  3. Akiyama Mio

Akiyama Mio Member

Uh..o_o I never thought about that.

Maybe a mobile iTunes store optimized for the iPod Nano?

4. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    why would they add the extra width to the classic to accommodate the nano curved edges thing.
  5. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    As much as I hate them, this seems to be the most plausible "predicitions" thread.
    I'm looking forward to fining out what c*cktail is; there's hardly any info on it.
  6. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Social networking in iTunes? Dought it and I hope not. iTunes is bloated enough and doesn't need anymore useless features. Its a store to buy music and rent and buy movies, apps for your iDevices. Why would they add something so unrelated? c*cktail may be interesting (If true). Adding interactable album artwork, but, it would just be another thing in itunes I would never or rarely use.

Personaly I think this event is going to be more evelutionary than revelutionary. Like the last event. Nothing really new, just spec bumps on a lot of their line from ipods to macbooks. Highlights being the release of Snow Leopard and new features in itunes (No social networking). Spec bums in the ipod touch to bring it up to speed with the 3GS and minor spec bumps to the other ipods and macbooks.

What I'm hoping for but will probably not come true. A complete redesine of the eniter ipod line. From the nano to the classic. Touch pad like conrols to replace the click wheel, wifi for downloading content from the mobile itunes store. Just something to liven up the line. It's looked the same for to many years and are being out done by the competition.

The tablet. I'd love to finally see an apple tablet. At this point I don't care if its iphoneOS or pure OSX, I just want enough power from it to do something impressive and not be locked down the way the iphone is.

iTunes. I want to see a redesine of iTunes or fine tuning the way they did snow leopard. Its big, its bulky, its a pain in the ass. A slimmer meaner iTunes. Better playlist organization and application organization. A smarter genuis. In a slimmer leaner package. Stop adding features and optimize it.

None of that will happen though

Its going to be a boaring event just like the june event. Nothing really new, just upgrades.
  7. xFKSxSquirrel

xFKSxSquirrel Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    itunes will be upgraded and i hope for higher gb for the touch. don't care for a camera or mic but would like to see faster speed and better backing
  8. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

I don't think Wi-fi on the Nano would mean a music store...

Possibly wireless sync? (Finally)

And what about battery life? I'm really hoping for a significant increase.
  9. mstrayer92

mstrayer92 New Member

10. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member