My Predictions on Windows 7's final version.

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by Cam, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Cam

Cam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Here's what I think will be changed or added from the time frame between the Beta release and the final release.

The Taskbar:
    . The Taskbar will be changed again to emulate a dock even moreso than the Beta release. Icons will zoom or highlight, similar Mac OS X Tiger.
    . The Windows Orb will be gone. The icon on the far-left will be the Explorer icon, and upon right-clicking, everything can be seen in the jump list, such as Documents, Libraries, Control Panel, etc.
    . With the previously-mentioned change in mind, a new type of folder/library will be called "Programs", which will work just like "All Programs" from XP/Vista.
    . There will be a search button located to the left of the Show Desktop button (Tall, vertical). It will be the same size, but will have the magnifying glass icon.
    . The Taskbar itself will be smaller, as the icons would be a bit smaller than the default size, but larger than the ones enabled in the "Show Small Icons" option.

Random Visual Stuff:
    . The Bootup Animation will be a bit higher-res.
    . If there's only one user on the PC, the background in the log-in screen will be the one the user currently has.
    . DreamScene-styled wallpapers will be included.
    . There will be more screensavers.

Tweaked/New Features:
    . Ctrl+Alt+Del will once again open up the task manager ONLY.
    . Windows+C will replace the old shortcut to open up the Shut Down/Restart/Log Off /Task Manager screen.
    . When a taskbar icon flashes (Like AIM/MSN for example), there will toggle-ble option to have be a small Thumbnail Preview of the new window that flashes for 2 seconds.
    . (Obvious) App/Device compatibility issues.
    . (Obvious) Random bugs/imperfections.
  2. mmitt

mmitt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    My prediction: It will crash every 5 minutes and everyone will switch to ubuntu. UBUNTU FTW!
  3. Cam

Cam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Nobody thinks that you're some elite, superior PC user because you use the "underdog" of OS's. Besides, Windows 7 barely crashes for anyone.
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Super! How exciting!
  5. Meyer

Meyer Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i think itll be the same but a better "all programs" menu from the start menu.
  6. JustCallMeCloud

JustCallMeCloud New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm dual booting and ubuntu doesn't seem superior in any way.
  7. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Windows 7 itself barely crashes, or Applications in/for/on Windows 7 barely crashes?
  8. Cam

Cam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Based on the experiences of myself, others, and ones from various websites, both. Windows 7 never gets BSOD's unless intentionally screwed with. Also, the range of compatible apps for Windows 7 is larger than compatible apps for Vista, and they all work fine.
  9. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    WRONG!

Install SuperAntiSpyware on your windows 7 computer.... BSOD on log in.

Here we go..

Please Register or Log in to view images

Component Name: SASKUTIL.SYS

Description of : SUPERAntiSpyware, from the website of the same name, is a security application that attempts to scan and remove adware, Trojans, and other forms of malware from user systems
  10. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Windows 7 sucked for me. It constantly froze, and I had to reinstall multiple times. Now it won't even install on my HDD :/
    I'm hoping the final version will be more stable.