My Portal Levelpack

Discussion in 'iPhysics [old jailbreak version]' started by swillard8, Mar 15, 2008.

1. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

Hi guys, just spent my day making a levelpack about my favourite game; Portal! 6 levels, with portals! This is my first levelpack so i hope they get better, you can get them below, or i have emailed it to r4m0n so it might be on the installer this week (if its a good standard

Please Register or Log in to view images

)

Your the judge, i'll be happy to hear your thoughts, and yes my name is SamW8 as well as swillard8 lol.

Any questions; post. Usual installation, unzip the folder and stick it in your media iphysics folder.

http://www.freewebs.com/samsipodtouch/SamW8%20Portal%20Levelpack.levelpack

http://www.freewebs.com/samsipodtouch/SamW8%20Portal%20Levelpack.rar
    (right click, save target as...)

Enjoy!
  2. xM45x

xM45x New Member

is the first one a installer source?
  3. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

no, you need to download them both and put them in your iphysics folder,

1.download them
    2.unzip the rar archive
    3.goto /private/var/root/media/iphysics
    4. copy the folder named SamW8 Portal Levelpack and the .levelpack file into that directory

enjoy.

edit: i sent the files off for them to go in to the installer, i hope they are up soon.
  4. berky93

berky93 New Member

sweet, portal is my all time favorite game (maybe it was obvious - 2 of my 3 themes I've worked on are portal themes), I must go try this now!
  5. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

Ah a fellow fan, I hope you like it!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

any comments bad or good will be gratefully taken, I want to learn more!
  6. berky93

berky93 New Member

ok I just played it - its really fun! great idea using "clone levls" to make portals! the only problems I see are inconsistencies, like when you go through a portal in like the third? level one of the areas dissapears and fire randomly appears. also, sometimes the ed box moves a bit when you go through portals.

other than that its a great levelpack.
  7. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

yeh ok, il definately adjust that, its because they are two levels as you said so they have to match. Yeh I put the fire in on the 3rd so it made it a little more challenging, it looks strange because you don't see the transition. Thanks for your comments, I will make a few more tomorrow maybe. They are quite easy, I wanted to make the red cube the companion cube but I couldn't work out how :/ maybe some maintanace levels.

Thanks again
  8. berky93

berky93 New Member

take a look at the crayon physics levelpack, because the first level has a changed image for the target (red brick)

I dont know how, but maybe if you look thee it will tell you.

also, shouldnt the red brick technically be a door? thats what youre going for in portal - the door. just a thought, maybe put a companion cube on the level and you can push it into a hole or something and roll over.

just some ideas, keep making more levels!
  9. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

ah yeh I see, il hit on that in the morning, thanks for advice, yeh maybe adapt the companion cube to the blue ball and the red box as the incinerator.
  10. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

It is an XML file, just only in .levelpack format