my poddy is stuck on apple logo and cant restore because the battery is dead

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by takes2long, Jul 7, 2008.

1. takes2long

takes2long New Member

hi all
    i searched but i couldn't find any helpful threads, i hope you guys can help me!

so my ipod touch froze on the apple logo, tried to restore but couldnt because i let the battery die
    if the battery was dead the screen wouldn't even show up, and i cant charge because its stuck on the apple logo it wasnt even recognized by computer when plugged into usb

any help would be greatly appreciated!
  2. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The battery is not dead if the screen is displaying the Apple logo.
    Have you tried manually putting it into DFU mode?

-Plug iPod into PC and have iTunes opened.
    -Hold power and home until iPod powers off.
    -Once the iPod is powered off, release the Power button, but continue to hold the home button. Do this for about 15 seconds, or until iTunes detects an iPod in recovery mode (nothing will be displayed on the screen, but it is still detected).
    -Restore.

Edit: Actually, after entering DFU mode, you might want to let it charge for a little bit before restoring. Just to be safe, that is, you don't want your iPod dying while restoring, potential problems might occur if that happens.
  3. takes2long

takes2long New Member

well you see the thing is when i try to charge it the screen displays the apple logo for like 20 seconds then it displays the dead battery logo, i assumed that i cant restore without the battery charged but then again i cant charge it because it was stuck on the apple

i cant put it into dfu mode because i cant do the third step since itunes cant detect it
    ive had my ipod stuck on the goddamn apple before and i managed to fix it but this never happened to me before please help im scared!!
  4. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Oh, you get the battery logo? Why can't you just charge it than? I'm kind of confused to what your problem is. If you get the battery logo, you aren't stuck on the Apple logo.

And one of the points of DFU mode is to get iTunes to detect your iPod when it normally can't.
  5. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    leave it on charge for a couple hours.
  6. elmachotaco

elmachotaco New Member

Also you might try an alternative way of putting it into Recovery Mode.

1. Open iTunes
    2. Hold down home button
    3. Plug into computer using usb cable (While still holding home button)
    4. Keep holding the home button after the apple logo appears

It can take up to a minute is what I've been told.

So just hang tight and see if that way works.

If it doesn't then I'm sorry buddy.
  7. xaxtom

xaxtom New Member

iPod Touch Stuck on Logo

Dude, a BIG THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! HUGS & KISSES! I was about to give up and go out of the house to buy a brand new iPod Touch 32GB after my original 32GB iTouch got stuck on apple logo last night apparently because of overheating problem.

I panic buy and installed and purchased more than 15 applications from iTunes store which keeps my iTouch conncted to my laptop for more than 10 hours. Unfortunately on the very last application I managed to install, I noticed it took soooo long to finish the install process and to my surprised my iTouch is boiling HOT!!! Literally!!! To my panic I cool it down and put it inside my fridge hehe (5 minutes only). I sleep over it and found dead battery in the morning and dig into the web until I found this good blogg!!! Oh me! Oh you! You save me several hundred $$$$$ !!!!

Now my ipod touch, at this very minute, is restoring everything including my 130$ applications (lots and lots of cool games).

I followed combination of procedure mentioned:

1. iTune is opened and iPod Touch (or iTouch) is connected but not recognized by iTunes.
    2. At this point iTouch is showing red battery icon on the brink of death but after a while it is connected to my usb laptop port, the icon changes to apple logo and it stuck there unless you know what to do next.
    3. Now, the real secret is I hold down both the "sleep" button and "home" button key for good 10 secs until it shut down blank the screen. At which time (after a sec or 2) I release my finger from the "sleep" button while "home" button is press. I KEEP PRESSING THE "HOME" BUTTON UNTIL THE ITOUCH LIGHT UP!!! CHECKED MY COMPUTER SCREEN, IT'S THERE OH ME!

At this point iTune is communicating with my iTouch and I follow the lead of iTune in my PC. As I write, the sweet little thing is under "RESTORE IN PROGRESS".

AND THANK YOU ALL!

From Me
    Seoul, Korea
  8. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    woohoo! you got it fixed. good job

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. J_Flo_333

J_Flo_333 New Member

poddy? haha lol
  10. takes2long

takes2long New Member

ahh jeez i cant charge it because its stuck on the goddamn apple logo , you see when i try to charge it it displays the apple logo for a while then it displays the dead battery logo again, i know its stuck on apple logo because it was like that before i let the battery die
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ok that used to work but its useless now since i have its battery dead
    omg!!thats great !!...like i care haha
    thats my ipod touchs nickname lol