My phone got stolen with 3.0, can it be used?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by gusthemoose, Apr 11, 2009.

1. gusthemoose

gusthemoose New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    my iphone was stolen the other day in gym class, and it had 3.0 beta 2 on it and i was wondering if it is useable to someone else. the sim card was probably ditched and the phone itself was sold, but if they were to connect it to itunes, and they didnt know how to downgrade to 2.2.1, what would happen? would it even be useable?
  2. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    yes, as the UDID is registered to the device itself. but the device itself would be unusable without your SIM because you are not unlocked
  3. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

sorry for your loss.

if the SIM has a pin, the SIM is useless to them. The only way to use the phone is if they do DFU and restore it to 2.2.1. i guess you could tell your school constable about the theft.
  4. gusthemoose

gusthemoose New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    im pretty sure i know who stole it, im gonna confront him on monday lol. im 6'3'' and 185 lbs i dont think ill have a problem but yea, im probably not going to get it back. but if they put in a new sim card, would it work with the current 3.0 firmware i ahve on there? or if they tried to restore, would it even let them?
  5. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    they could restore, however they could NOT use their sim, wait is it a old iphone or the 3g? i dont think itll make a difference
  6. gusthemoose

gusthemoose New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    its the 3g, but to restore it wouldnt they have to know how to downgrade, or have a copy of the 3.0 ipsw?
  7. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    well theres always ways to find ways to get 3.0 but he prolly doesnt know how in any easy way. and theres no easy way to downgrade the 3g that most people know. if youre worried about him using the iphone or selling it for use, that wont happen. However as for just getting your device back...
  8. gusthemoose

gusthemoose New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    ok well i guess it helps that no1 will be able to use it unless they know what they are doing haha but yea i doubt im getting it back
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    btw thanks for your help

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    my old swim coach, the iphone dev that activated my phone, just de-activated it so whoever has is it basically screwed

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I love how your not mad that your iPhone got stolen, but rather more worried that the thief won't be able to use it.
  10. JayTraceur

JayTraceur New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No-one can use it unless they know stuff about Jailbreaking and YellowSn0w. But basically they'll be f***ed when they get the phone bill, because no doubt they won't realise about dataplans being on the SIM instead of the phone, hehehe.

Just wait you'll soon see someone very pissed off if they managed to unlock it.