My overcontroling parents and my ipod/computer

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by easycom, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. easycom

easycom New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

You think your parents are harsh..........just listen to mine

so my mom has always had a problem with me being on the computer its either you have been on it too long or its too late for you to be on AIM or texting. She just yells at me and nothing really happens.....

well things progress, she trys to move my computer down from my room one day at school but i just move it back as soon as I get home. She then learns my iPod can IM and she goes over the top. watching me everytim i pull it out. She comes in my room at 10 just to check im not useing it.

well its not to bad YET.......

I was doing pretty well at standing my ground, i had my comp and ipoT, my mom is leaving on a trip and i can use my comp and ipoT whenever. I get home from school to find a note on my moniter and i look down and my desktop PC i built is gone. I read the note it goes as follows:

TO: Me

All of us must agree on household rules regarding your digital devices. I am tired of nagging. These rules are to be written down and signed by everyone. Then I will return your computers to you.

Mom

Computer games, text messaging, downloading games and itunes:
    Example rules: only after 6PM on weekends, none on weekdays. School work can be done on kitchen computer.
    Rules on content: Nothing violent or degrading like Grand Theft Auto or Halo3.
    Further ideas: 1 hour computer time = 1 hour reading a book not intended for school
    Guitar Hero : 30 minutes = 30 minutes horn or trombone practice.
    Computers are not permitted in bedrooms. my brothers is kept in the living room, mine by the kitchen table.

Itouch
    Arts-In, Chicago Trip, State Arts-In, Spring break trip, school
    For example: it remains home for Arts-In, allowed on Chicago because of bus ride

Cell Phone
    Text messaging and talking. For example: None after 9 PM. Keep phone charged in the upstairs hallway to ensure no text messaging in bed.

this is just insane, Im 15 and i play three sports (c.c. runinng, c.c. skiing, and track,) i have no troulbe in school, not to mention i worked a full summer for 5 dollars and hour and i pay for my cell phone (yes even monthly) and i bought my ipoT. I look for my comp untill i find out she shipped it to someones house , she took my computer and MOVED it out of the house.

She trys to turn off my wi-fi but i just hack into the router setting and turn off the ip filter, but things get no where.......

The only way for me to get it back is to make an agreement saying when i can use electronics, i held out for about a month (i had my ipoT, luckly i brought it to school that day) but she just told me that she won't take me to the DMV to get my permit unless i make an agreement.

So i started on this treaty thing but its just soo stupid i can't even bother to make it. everytime i say somehting she just says nothing on past 9:30, she wants to see my ipoT out of my room everynight.

I made a treaty thing, but she won't agree.....

All electronic devices must be off at 9:30 on school nights, but on weeknights there is no limit on when they must be turned off. There will be only 45 minutes a day during the week (school day) and 1 hour and 30 minutes a day; per day on the weekends (cell phone and iPod are NOT included). The computer will be placed anywhere you (the parent) pleases; but it must fit safely so the little marble thing by the window either has to get bigger or you need to find a new spot, there is no way you can fit the computer, all three speakers, a 20 inch monitor and a keyboard with enough room for a mouse to maneuver. Also it must stay above the basement and out of your (the parents) room. Cell phone stays in MY room, so does the iPod since I worked the whole summer for less than mim. cage cleaning animal cages and watering plants for 5 hours a day and bought this with my own cash its MINE

I try to argue but theres nothing i can do, I know where the computer is but its at my mom's friends house and theres no way i can get it back.

Got any idea's??????
  2. easycom

easycom New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    nope haha
  3. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    At least you have an iPod. Talk to spoonforknife about that one.
  4. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Easycom.

Please. Grow up. Your mother was right to do what she did.

You have a problem and you won't admit to it. Discipline yourself. Read a book. Go to the Park.

ACTUALLY PHYSICALLY INTERACT with the friends you "Text" & "IM" to.
  5. Dafreakzo

Dafreakzo New Member

Who cares? When I was 15 I was doing more productive things...like females.
    1 person likes this.
  6. fcbarcelona18

fcbarcelona18 New Member

Take All of this to <b>DR.PHIL</b> to help u!

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    you mean more reproductive things?
  8. lilnasty

lilnasty New Member

yo man say this if my grades fall i will not use electionics go hang out at friends houses alot and say 11 no electronics make an agreement but keep the stuff that YOU earned say that and dont give up thats your stuff and u earned it
  9. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Agreed Dan, You should see the list of rules spoony had the agree to just to OPEN his macbook, plus where he has the leave it, how much he is on it, etc. Your rules are nothing to his.
  10. 6ironmaiden9

6ironmaiden9 New Member

Says the person that has 2020 posts that has only been here for a couple months...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.