My opinion on the iPod Touch 4G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dj9928, Sep 15, 2010.

1. dj9928

dj9928 New Member

Played with this for 24hrs now and after the hassle of getting the damn thing I don't feel let down as such just more its just not as good as expected.

First is the speed of the thing, sure it is faster that the 2G but not jaw droppingly so, it doesn't make me go WOW, I had a HTC Desire mobile phone, for instance if in the twitter app and you click a link it fires up the web browser and displays the page instantly, this is still slow, it can take upto 10 seconds to open the page, Its cured the sluggish menus etc and no issues there now but overall yes an improvement but no more so than my 3G iPhone running IOS 3.1.3, Maybe of this had 3.1.3 it would fly?

Retina display, while is excellent it also has a down side in that apps that are not high resolution look horrible, all pixelated and blurry (Looking at you Get Glue

Please Register or Log in to view images

), same with picture, if they are not high resolution photos they look rubbish.

Camera ok its not great, in good light conditions its fine on par with 3G iPhone, but in dark conditions its rubbish for both the stills and video.

Have a bit of an issue with the brightness censor, its not very sensitive and screen is dark most of the time

Not had any other issues as such, I'd give the iPod Touch 4G 7 out of 10, its good but not great.
  2. GuilleiPod

GuilleiPod New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The new brightness sensor is weird. Mine's always too dark.
  3. deepdvd

deepdvd Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    How can you rate it with an overall number? What rating are you comparing it to?

I can understand rating individual items, like the camera, etc, with other cameras, but how can you give an overall rating unless you know of another device of comparable size/capability that you can ALSO give an overall rating for? If you're comparing this to an iPod Touch 2G/3G, what rating would you give those? 5 or 6 out of 10?

This part makes complete sense. "...its just not as good as expected." BUT... can you base a rating on expectation?

@Everyone else: Does anyone know of a comparable NON-PHONE device this size that
    has anywhere near the capability as the iPod Touch 4? It seems like Apple has a monopoly on this, unless there is an Android non-phone device with similar specs.
  4. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    @deepdvd: he's just a troll, he probably doesn't even own a iPt4 xD
  5. dj9928

dj9928 New Member

Go and boil your head mate

Attached Files:

6. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Doesn't prove you're not a troll

7. dj9928

dj9928 New Member

I am comparing it with an iPod Touch 2G and although not an iPod a HTC Desire
  8. RaymondK8

RaymondK8 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I don't understand. The OP is simply expressing his views on the iPod Touch 4G.

OOOHH.
    I totally forgot. Opinions aren't allowed on the internet.
  9. dj9928

dj9928 New Member

Say anything bad about the IPT4 and you are a troll.
  10. r56mcs

r56mcs Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)

I know what you mean... mine does that occasionally.