My opinion of Avenged Sevenfold

Discussion in 'Music, Movies, TV, and Videos' started by Syn., Mar 17, 2009.

1. Syn.

Syn. New Member

Please Register or Log in to view images

Avenged Sevenfold has been my favorite band for close to a year now. Their sound has changed greatly from the release of their first album, to the latest self-titled. Sounding The Seventh Trumpet and Waking The Fallen were released in 2002, and 2004 on Hopeless records. They began building a small fanbase, which grew tremendously into much bigger fanbase when City Of Evil was released on Warner Bros. records.

The band members all came from Huntington Beach, California. They all love to party, but say they stay sober during the recording of the new album, and try to during tour. They faced a lot of difficulties growing up. Almost all of them were either kicked out, or dropped out of school. The original bassist, Justin Sane, overdosed on cough syrup and was severly injured.

The bands first two albums were mainly metalcore albums. They didn't have much singing, but mostly screaming. Things changed when singer M. Shadows popped a blood vessel in his vocal chord. He began taking vocal lessons to heal his vocal chords, and thats when they realized he could really sing. The album, City Of Evil has no screaming, and all singing.

The band did the Warped Tour from 2003-2005, and many of their own headlining tours. They weren't talked about much untill this years warped tour. The band released their first big budget video in late summer, 2005, for the song Bat Country. Bat Country began getting major airplay on the radio, and TV. Since Warped 2005, they have done 2 US tours, are currently touring in Europe, and are coming back to tour in the US again in the spring.

I personally like the new CD better than the old ones, but all 3 were amazing. The new one is much better in terms of instrumentals. It features longer songs, with a lot better instruments. The vocals are amazing, the guitar solos are some of the best you will hear by a band, the guitar riffs are really powerful, the basslines are complicated, and the drumming, especially the work of the double bass drum are amazing. It also features new stringed instruments for the longer songs.
  2. buckycat

buckycat New Member

I don't mind Avenged Sevenfold that much. I used to like them a little. I just don't like people thinking that they're metal.
  3. HelloM0f0

HelloM0f0 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    eh. I'd say they are in the metal vein of music. but what most people consider metal I think is crap.

I didn't like the newer cd, but I honestly didn't give it enough of a chance. Have you seen them live? I've heard they put on a pretty good show.
  4. So0o0o0

So0o0o0 New Member

I never really liked these guys before. but i got tickets to taste of chaos last year and they were one of the bands there. My location (Edmonton, Alberta) was the last one of the tour i think, and only three out of Nine bands showed up. None of the bands i wanted to see showed up but avenged sevenfold did and i was impressed Because not only did they actually show up instead of ditching like evryone else, but the put on an AMAZING show.
  5. buckycat

buckycat New Member

They used to be metalcore, a sh*tty sub-genre of metal, but now they're hard rock-ish
  6. michaelsipod

michaelsipod New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    you serious? metalcore is so friggen awesome, so is deathcore
  7. CantStopTheMusic

CantStopTheMusic Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    im not gonna lie these are some very talented people. The band flows very well together. They do not sit their and show off the entire song, even though anyone in the band could sit their and potentially do that in a song.

Yes they softened up in their new album, but it shows the how good they truly are. They can adapt to different genres, and still show their talent.

I just wish there wasnt a bunch of poser kids that think they like and know avenged sevenfold, but really dont know anything
  8. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    QFT

Please Register or Log in to view images

w00t
  9. willdacracka

willdacracka Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Avenged sevenfold tries too hard to put off their appearance.
  10. buckycat

buckycat New Member

I hope that's sarcasm, but I doubt it is. Metalcore and Deathcore suck, go listen to real metal.