Release My Official Icon Thread

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Germany, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Germany

Germany Banned

Hey everyone. I have been taking in a lot of advice from the expert thememakers here at IPTF. Thank you so much!

So this is my official icon thread. I will post all icons that I make and occasionally delete ones that are bad or don't fit in. First off I need some ideas. I have decided to go with a silver metallic type of gradient. Probably vertical, but I need some ideas for tone, lighting, gloss, etc.

Once I have some ideas flowing, I will begin making some icons. From there I would like you to critique them so I can make them better and change things up. I am not an expert at this stuff, so accept my mistakes and point them out, but don't try to make me sound like an idiot. Thanks everyone for the input!

I added a few attachements of what I think will look good for the backgrounds. Tell me what you think. I think either the beveled or normal one. The gloss makes it more plastic like instead of the metallic I'm going for.

Hey guys, just whipped up a Safari Icon on the beveled background. It's not spectacular, and as I figured, Safari would be tough to make anything good. I am open to suggestions and critique. I'll attach this one as well.

Background options 1, 2, and 3. Safari Icon.

Attached Files:

2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

red sox logo icon
  3. Flipzter

Flipzter Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Baby seals dying at the flippers of penguins icon
  4. Germany

Germany Banned

I'm actually serious about this. What kind of background in the icons should I have? I am doing a silver vertical gradient, but should it have anything else?
  5. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

i think the simpler the better
    just like the way apple does it

quick and to the point
  6. Germany

Germany Banned

Okay, if I can figure out how to save this .png transparent, I would put it up. Everytime I upload with ImageShack it adds a white background on the corners. I have an example for the background of the icon.
  7. Flipzter

Flipzter Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    For background definitely dont make it too busy with ribbony spirals or anything. I like a more clean minimal look. Makes it more professional.
  8. Germany

Germany Banned

Okay, I took your guys' word on the minimal stuff and kept it simple. I put the attachement at the bottom since ImageShack takes away the transparency. Tell me if I should keep it, change it, or what.

Attached Files:

9. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

looks nice
    keep it
  10. Germany

Germany Banned

Okay, sounds good. Should I add some gloss on the top half or just leave it exactly how it is? Btw, are the icons on the normal springboard 56x56 or 57x57? I'm starting to think 57x57 because I took a screenshot of my springboard and put the 56x56 icon on it and it didn't seem to fit right.