My next project: Tilt!

Discussion in 'iPhysics [old jailbreak version]' started by MooTheCow, Jan 16, 2008.

1. MooTheCow

MooTheCow New Member

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd give you a sneak peek at my latest project.
    It's going to be the mother of all accelerometer games (Rawd's Aquarium excepting of course!).

Initially I shall be doing a number of "Wooden Labyrinth" levels, but then branch out into whatever else I can do with the accelerometer. I'm thinking for a start that scrolling car avoiding game that's on the iphone would be a good case. And perhaps a sort of NES style RPG where you tilt to move and avoid monsters and pits.

<Uhem> Now I know what you're thinking, but actually this game wasn't invented here: http://labyrinth.codify.se/index.html. Do a Google for "labyrinth" and you'll see I'm right. </Uhem>

Anyway, Tilt! will be better in all ways than whatever current Iphone version of a wooden-type-accelerometer-maze game you make have installed, including:-
    - Much better graphics.
    - Animation.
    - A variety of graphical styles for the levels.
    - Pickup scores.
    - A timer (iphysics providing).
    - Link to a community high-score table, so you can compete on fastest times to finish each level.
    - And hopefully levels that scroll and rotate, if I can get them working.
    - It will be FREE, un-CRIPPLED, and FREE.

Here's a snap of the first level, which plays just as you'd expect a certain other game to play:-

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Acerei

Acerei New Member

that is awesome..
    my friend i wish you luck

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. SPARTAN 294

SPARTAN 294 New Member

ill be sure to check this out
  4. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Nice! I am duly impressed. Of course, iPhysics is ideally suited for this sort of thing, and the latest version makes a game like this entirely possible. Looking forward to it!
  5. H3X

H3X New Member

Good work.

You should also make a version where if the ball hits the sides, you're dead. Except it would have no holes.
  6. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I'm curious how you got the screenshot?
  7. H3X

H3X New Member

Screenshot.app, Dock.app, or he made it himself.
  8. Rawd

Rawd New Member

It looks like it is from screenshot or dock.. But with the new iPhysics rendering engine, I have been unable to use screenshot.
  9. MooTheCow

MooTheCow New Member

screenshot.app
    http://www.robota.nl/products/iPhone Screenshot.html

Beware you don't want to leave it running when you shut down ipod. It can cause a crash on startup. I tend to only install it to take snaps then uninstall it immediately. If ipod crashes then just hit the two buttons repeatedly and when you finally get in use WinSCP to remove it. It scared the sh*t out of me when it happened.
  10. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Very weird. I use screenshot as well (I just make sure to shut it off when done with it). But it doesn't work for iPhysics 1.0. All I get is a screenshot of my Springboard. I wonder if this has to do with the screen flickering bug...