My newly made winterboard themes won't apply

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Badartgonewrong, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Badartgonewrong

Badartgonewrong New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Is there something about 3.1.2 that prevents themes[icons and such] from being used/applied by winterboard? I tried making some simple text.png icons--all the proper size, with transparency and so forth--and winterboard refuses to apply them. Instead it goes to a jumble of default icons and previously applied text icons from a previously applied theme.

I tried with ssh to copy icons from older themes [ssh transferred pre 3.1.2 upgrade] and cannot open them via photoshop or even ms paint. They're ordinary png files that used to work in 3.1.1 and previous FWs.
    All the properties and permissions were the same, changing the new icons to 7777 and such doesn't work. I've tried respringing but still can't make it work.

Am I doing something incorrectly?

I've got an itouch 2G on 3.1.2 and I'm on windows.
  2. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    You put the icons in the "Name.theme" folder correct? Inside a folder that is called "Icons", right?
  3. Badartgonewrong

Badartgonewrong New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes. There is Icons and also Bundles, which contains com.apple.springboard and com.apple.TelephonyUI for--as you probably already know--the page numbers/dots and unread mail number badge.

Funny thing is, I didn't know you had to do that. I just shhed themes in without the .theme extension. However they worked regardless, so...

Please Register or Log in to view images