My NEW SwitchEasy CapsuleTouch Review WITH PICS! Yipee!

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Aduumzor, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Aduumzor

Aduumzor New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    *Please Click Pictures to Enlarge to Better Viewing.

Well, I ordered mine from eBay on Sunday and recieved on Friday. Pretty fast. Though it only came from Pennsylvania to Toronto, not so far. It only cost me around $29 including shipping. It was cheaper than buying from SwitchEasy which cost $30 if they shipped to Canada. Seller from ebay was: isellforacause

When I recieved it, it was a piece of art from the package work. Nice packaging showing the case contents and box inside.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Inside the box I received the following: iPod Touch back and front plastic shell case, universal dock adapter, two non-adhesive accented protective screen guards, 6 tactile touch pads, headphone adapter, video stand, connector protector, back protection guard and the special tinted static adhesive membrane!

(My iPod was already put into the shell with the tinted screen guard, back protector and connector protector on)

First off, I love these screen guards. At least the tinted special edition one, it sticked like any other screen protector, except this one was exceptionally easy to remove and apply if I made a mistake. The back protector though was starting to curl off the edges of bad placement by me

but I'll never unlock the capsule unless I had to. I again messed up apply the screen protector and put the screen protector on the case before putting it into my ipod so theres a bit of lint and dust on the screen, but thats fine.
  2. Aduumzor

Aduumzor New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Now lets start with the accessories! The non adhesive accented screen guards. They look pretty find with protectors on each side you'll have to peel off before using so it won't gather dust wherever you put them. The top and bottom of the screen guard is coloured and will hide the black colour of your ipods bottom and top screen so it won't look weird. The colourful cases might look pretty good in fact. Although black does with everything so I chose it.
    The tinted black screen protector was very unique. For now it doesn't turn the screen darker or anything my eyes probably adjusted to the brightness letting out of the guard and when I remove the guard it'll probably look bright. (It says to turn brightness all the way up, but mines a little below half and still looks good) The screen guards DO show finger prints and smudges but a little wipe can make it disappear. The screen is fully functional and way easier than my old $5 Case. The edges are easily accessed as well.

Universal dock.. what can I say? First of all it fits the ipod very well and fits on my speaker. So for all who had their cases not fit their Apple given dock from the original box can smile for this as it will fit.

The headphone adapter is again another smart thing SwitchEasy included in this. The headphone jack hole in the case will probably not accept EVERY headphone jack put into it. So SwitchEasy's way to get around is to put an adaptor!

For all who have the cords that have a big stem to them and won't fit into the slot will be happy that this is fully functional. Very bright idea.

3. Aduumzor

Aduumzor New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Tactile Touch pads.. are pretty nice. They're just thick pieces of bendable rubber or plastic with a stcky side. You're told to put TWO tactile touch pads onto your ipods home button. I was thinking, WTF is this for? But once I experienced it, again it was very smart. It will push up your home button so it is easier to press rather than slugging your finger down the crease of the case to press it. They give you six pads, so don't use em all up!

Cleaning cloth, well its a cleaning cloth!

Video Stand.. a nice touch. Although I hold my ipod every living second this is a nice thing to have when say about 30 people are over. Fits well and looks durable rather than the Apple's given stand in the original ipod box.

(you can see the smudges here)

4. Aduumzor

Aduumzor New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The look of the CapsuleTouch you ask? Very very sleep stylish and nice. It'll give you a durable feeling that giving a well thrown pizza toss won't intimidate you. The connector protector does its job and is snug so it won't fall off. And the nicest thing I'd comment is the behind of it. Not shiny anymore, but black and sleek. With that little unknown logo (*wink) on the back makes it even more beautiful. The name simply doesn't give justice, but truth. I will throw this in my backyard for say 20 years and dig it up and will still function. The CapsuleTouch is Capsuleable (is this a word?) and simply gorgeous. I'm not satisfied I payed so little for this.

I won't be switching cases for a while. Black on black is truly amazing. SwitchEasy, good fight.. you got my vote.

PROS:
    Protective, strong black.
    Many accesories for everything
    Protection almost everywhere, except earphone plug
    Big selection of colours
    Detailed instructions to keep your ipod looking good
    Um BEAUTIFUL.
    Screen protector is easy to put on.

CONS:
    Don't wanna ruin it..
    Screen protector must be put on perfectly first try or lint/dust will find its way between.
    Back protector starts to peel if put on slightly wrong
    Smudges can be a problem if you're picky

WARN. WARN. WARN.: Do not judge from SwitchEasy pictures is what you'll get. The screen is not pure black and sleek always.

Thanks for reading.
    Hope I decided some of your minds.

5. Aduumzor

Aduumzor New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    A normal one or the Special Edition,
    if so the Special Edition I have a very nice tip for you.
  6. Dash9944

Dash9944 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    whats the tip 0.0
  7. sean22

sean22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    My case is a silicone case with a screen protector and it has a kinda anoynng headphone holder on the back that one looks pretty sick though
  8. Aduumzor

Aduumzor New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Read Below.

Ok first of all, make sure both back protector and screen guards are put on perfectly the FIRST time. If not, they'll sure to have dust on them. My mistake was not putting the screen protector on before sliding it into the case I just slid it into the case first, then slid my ipod. This is only for the tinted black one though I believe. So hold the end of either back or screen guard and push down with the other hand going along SLOWLY, don't want any air bubbles now.
  9. xM45x

xM45x New Member

this looks good, i am using a screen protector and a dlo jam jacket right now. i might change to this but i dont know if i want to spend the money, thanks for your review
  10. lildudejds

lildudejds Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you are supposed to put the tactile touch pads UNDER the protector. It looks like yours is on the protector?