My New Policy

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by 4dthinker, Jan 19, 2008.

1. 4dthinker

4dthinker New Member

1. Find my receipt, and take my Touch back to the store I bought from for a refund. They have a 30 day no-questions return policy, and I'm within that window.
    2. Start using my Samsung P2, with it's built-in Bluetooth and FM radio and microphone. Look forward to the new dongle that will add wifi and FM broadcast and an SD card slot.
    3. Never buy another thing from Apple.
    4. Tell all my friends to never buy another thing from Apple.
    5. Show all my friends where they can get DRM-Free movies, Music, and such, for the same or lower price than than iTunes offers. Point out that those songs and movies will play on their old iPods, and most of what they bought from iTunes won't play on most other media players.
    6. Never buy (or rent) another thing from Apple.

4D
  2. lvlln

lvlln New Member

Good for you. I personally never bought anything from Apple until the iPod Touch, and lo and behold, I, and everyone else, got burned almost immediately. Seriously, I wanted to reward them for finally making a handheld portable device that was decent, and they have to go ruin everything.
  3. MegaMan

MegaMan New Member

while i will never stop using my ipod touch, one thing i will never do is buy stuff from itunes

Please Register or Log in to view images

if i would buy music it would be from amazon mp3 store which gives you 256kb for only 89 cents
  4. parkerparker

parkerparker New Member

yeah I definitely agree my iPod touch was the first thing I ever bought from apple and now the last.... Good job apple!
  5. 4dthinker

4dthinker New Member

Sadly, my Touch was also my first Apple product, and I was convinced it was worth having and investing even more in. I also bought 3 different cases, some screen protectors, a dock/speaker/alarm for it, and a car FM broadcaster for it.

I've got receipts for it all. One case works with my new Zune so it stayed. The Dock/Clock stayed as it also has a AUX input that can be used with anything else. The other two cases went back to the same store I bought the Touch from this morning. The car FM device will also work with any other MP3 device.

Hopefully Apple (yea, I know, they won't care) will feel the impact of Job's $20 insult in lost future revinue. Please note that their stock price is down since that keynote. If I was in charge, they would have 50% of the PC market share by now, 99% of the portable music device market, and the other 50% (and 1%) would be seriously thinking about changing over. The iPhone and the Touch would have bluetooth, and built-in FM transmitters for use in a car.
  6. parkerparker

parkerparker New Member

dang maybe we should try to get you in charge of apple...hahahahahahaha..... great ideas though
  7. consume1

consume1 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I use to always pirate songs and movies but i actually started buying them and I have a feeling of satisfaction. The fact that apple charges to just REVEAL more apps already IN THEIR OWN FIRMWARE is f***ing nuts and i don't know why i did it but i bought the plist file. Meh, i got over it.
  8. quicklook2

quicklook2 New Member

you will all be back when the windoze world lets you down,
  9. Weo

Weo New Member

Ditto. That is the reason I am with mac
  10. Crypton

Crypton New Member

I guess you can call me a Mac "fanboy" if you want to. I own several Macs and iPods. I love them all.

My question is this: why do you think it is inappropriate for a publicly-owned company to sell computer applications for a price? That is, why do you think that they should give their intellectual property away for free? The software upgrade to 1.1.3 is free - and is not bundled with the 5 apps. So, if you seriously believe that $20 is too much for 5 applications, you don't have to buy them. Just upgrade to 1.1.3 or jailbreak an older version. Apple, to its credit, did offer free apps to people who bought their Touch 3 weeks ago. If you bought it earlier than that - as I have - that's just being on the bleeding edge of technology. End of story.

The difference between Apple and M$ is this: M$ deliberately tries to drive other companies that compete with its products into the ground and wants to establish a monopoly. Apple, to my knowledge has never been accused of that. But make no mistake - Apple is not a charity. Ultimately, they are answerable to their shareholders, just like M$ is.