my mind says keep 2g but what about 3g ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by KishanDarshan, Jul 7, 2009.

1. KishanDarshan

KishanDarshan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i don't know if i should return my ipod touch 2g because of the 3g coming out soon.
    i still have the warranty, so i can return it.

SUGGESTIONS PLEASE !!
  2. IceBerg

IceBerg New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    There is nothing official about the 3G touch coming out.
    Things to consider

1) Touch 3G may not be able to be jailbroken out of the gate and look how long it took the 2G to get jailbroken.

2) Currently the 3G is a rumor and no one here knows what features it will or will not have.

3) Apple knows who you are and is watching you, sure as you return your 2G the 3G will be significantly delayed. However if you keep the 2G the 3G will come out a few weeks after you can return your 2G. Really they are watching you.
  3. Ken_Couture

Ken_Couture New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I say hold on to your current ipod, cause u never know what will be added or removed from the next ipod touch. Honestly I really don't think that Apple would add a camera to the itouch. Let's be realistic. They are currently apps that grant you free texting and free calls on a music player. Do yull really think Apple would add a camera? It would make it pointless to get an iphone. But if a camera was to be added, the price would greatly increase on the the ipod touch.
  4. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    If apple removed anything from this gen in the next, people wouldn't buy it. So, its your choice, really.
  5. Ken_Couture

Ken_Couture New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Keep it cause you can still use it to get the new ipod. Apple will take off 40% from ur current ipod for ur new ipod. It doesn't sound like much, but it's something.
  6. IceBerg

IceBerg New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I disagree. The iPhone affords you the flexibility of not having to drive around four hours looking for a hotspot just so you can make a phone call or check your email. Adding a camera to the Touch would not hurt the iPhone in any way. The thing that will probably stop it, is the cost. iPhones are sold for 499 for the 16G and 599 for the 32G (If I remember right). Keep in mind that's without the discount for a contract. Both Apple and ATT profit from a contract so the units can be sold at a discount, Usually this discount is barely above the cost of the unit.

This means that if you see the camera on the ipod you can expect to pay 500 for the 16G and 600 for the 32G. Let's face it Apple knows that were not going to pay that. The majority of us at least. It's possible though super unlikely that they would release limited edition versions with cameras to test sales. Very very unlikely though.

Not getting a camera will not have anything to do with the iPhone though.
  7. Aramyth

Aramyth New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I imagine that some people would still pay that price. But when you put a higher price tag and add features that aren't really needed (a device that's supposed to be about playing music/movies), you make people more reluctant to pay a higher price tag with some features they may not take advantage of.

That's just me though.
  8. KishanDarshan

KishanDarshan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I wish apple would tell us if there gonna make an Ipod touch 3g.
  9. levelchaser

levelchaser Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Keep it, it took FOREVER for a 2g jailbreak i was in the same situation as you when i sold my 1g and bought a 2g...it was miserable
  10. Childofgod

Childofgod New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I know what your saying i have a 2g ipod touch and with the possibility of there being a camera im just wondering what to do when the 3g comes out.