My messed up iPod Touch.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Iron_Man, May 26, 2008.

1. Iron_Man

Iron_Man New Member

so i went gokarting for around 5 hours today with my good friend for memorial day... i took my ipod with me (i take it everywhere) and my headphones were in my pocket. guess i didn't expect to be rocked around as much as i did (we got pretty violent out there) and the karts were cheap.. when i got home i took my ipod out of my pocket and woke it.. immediately noticed some displaced red green and blue pixels when the screen was darker but when i went to a white screen you could see some very dark looking smudges. at first i thought it was from the rubber that was on my hand that just wiped onto the screen.. but when i tried to wipe them away they remained. i flipped my ipod over and i had 3 large (and new) dents in it. i looked a my headphones and they were slightly flattened. the mesh part was starting to come out too. luckily they still work. about an hour later i was going to check my mail and when i pressed the sleep button it turned on, i had no mail so i slept it again and then i hit the sleep button again for no reason and it didn't go to the slide to unlock screen. i tried pressing the home button and nothing happened. i took it over to my moms laptop and plugged it in.. and luckily that woke it and now it only doesn't turn on like 1/15 times. i havent plugged it into our desktop computer to make sure itunes still recognizes it.. lucky for me i was already planning on taking it back to the apple store for a new one since it hardly holds a charge anymore.

but damn, i f***ed up my iPod today.
  2. P0150N0U5 F15)-(

P0150N0U5 F15)-( Banned

ouch, poor you...
  3. duckiiE

duckiiE New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    give it to your dog.

dogs likes messed up ipod touch... yup.
  4. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    That really sucks.
  5. HanMan5000

HanMan5000 Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Restore it, get a new one from Apple.
  6. 16gbofmagic.

16gbofmagic. New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You really think they'll give you a new one because you went go karting with it?

I hope you had fun go karting, because I'm almost positive they will not give you a new ipod. Unless you make up some BS story, but with dents on it, good luck with that.
  7. apple_ipod

apple_ipod Member

Hmmm I see it as two seperate issues. If the battery doesn't hold charge, it should be replaced. As long as the impact (resulting in dents, screen smudge, etc) had nothing to do with the battery's performance. Unless they decide to just replace the battery.
  8. Iron_Man

Iron_Man New Member

yeah i had battery problems before. i made a thread about it about a week ago.

and ^^ the dents arnt that noticeable, and i had dents in it before.. so yeah its just taken normal abuse like everyone 'pod has.
  9. DJ Xander

DJ Xander New Member

There is a thread on many ways to brick your iPod Touch in ways Apple will replace. Check it out, mine won't even turn on anymore

Please Register or Log in to view images

It got a little wet form condensation and it's totally screwed over. (Though it shouldn't be)
  10. megamonkey91

megamonkey91 New Member

hmm my ipod has a very light dark spot too. I barely ever notice it though and it didnt screw anything up