My last question before quitting!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hyr00l, Feb 4, 2009.

1. hyr00l

hyr00l New Member

Well probably the fourth time trying to JB, and this time it looked like it restored with the JBfirmware and everything, but it went back to the white screen and iTunes says "detected iPod in recovery mode" ... should I just download a boot program or did I screw up in the JB process? If I screwed up, I'm just gonna wait. Thanks guys.
  2. breyden

breyden Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Should we feel sorry for you???

Poor little hyr00l =( boo hoo
  3. BJiPodJB

BJiPodJB New Member

4. hyr00l

hyr00l New Member

Damn.. the majority of the iPod community blows.

To the other guy: Thanks, but now I just want my iPod to go back to normal. Isn't recognized by iTunes, isn't recognized by boot programs.. this happened to me before and someone mentioned holding _____ for 6 seconds then ______ for six seconds and it made my iPod be recognized again..
  5. pegaxs

pegaxs Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Ignore the retards... all forums have them... actualy, all forums have HEAPS of them... instead of saying something to help, they just say rubbish. a volume button on them would be a nice upgrade...

Anyway... i am like you... i got the JB working... but i cant get bootloaders working so i have to do everything the long way every time it reboots... so i restored back to 2.2.1 and i will wait for the untethered, as i have an iphone that is JB'd and thats fine.

To do it, unplug your ipod, wait 10 seconds or so and plug it back into the USB on your computer. dont worry about what it says about USB or anything. you can have itunes running or not. no biggie...

Open some sort of timing source (ie: i use the clock from the task bar in windows) that counts in seconds. start the counter or watch it. you will need both hands, so dont use a timer that you need to start by hand. this is very time critical process step.

press and hold the HOME button and the SLEEP button for exactly 10 seconds. i mean exactly. not 9, not 11 but 10. i cant stress that enough. i wait for the second hand on windows clock to get to 0 and press both buttons and hold. wait until it counts 10 and release the SLEEP button ONLY! keep holding the HOME button for 8 seconds. If you have your ipod plugged into the computer you will see the "unable to recognise USB" disappear and you will hear the normal "bung bung" noise windows makes on USB connect.

open or go back to itunes and it will say "ipod connected is in restore mode blah blah..."

just go on to restore with latest firmware and it will be back to being your old ipod again

Please Register or Log in to view images

you may have to resync your old apps and music back to the ipod.