My iTunes account prevents me from loading apps, I bought!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by eLBr0oKeR, Dec 31, 2008.

1. eLBr0oKeR

eLBr0oKeR New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    After getting the new 2G iPod for christmas, my ipod worked fine until yesterday when all of my appstore apps/games stopped working; they loaded for 1 second and then crashed. I already asked a question about this on apple.com

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1846177&tstart=30

Having restored my ipod I had no luck, I messed around with my iTunes account that my ipod was associated with. I thought perhaps there was something wrong with my account so I switched over to my friend's account and instantly the problem was solved! However, my friend's account is no use to me and nor would be setting up a new one.

The only reason that I think this could have happened is that I was trying to give my friends some of my paid apps yesterday. I signed into my account on his laptop so that he could get my paid apps for free but that didn't work. Maybe Apple froze my account for safety but I haven't received any alerts by email telling me about this.

What else could it be? How can I fix the problem?
  2. -Kerrigan-

-Kerrigan- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't know how to fix it, but I don't think this happened because you tried to give your friend paid apps. I give them all the time, and I don't seem to have a problem. Did it say that you had to authorize the computer?
  3. BaseballMVP755

BaseballMVP755 Banned

try to download a free apps, then reboot.. then make sure all ur apps are updated, then if none of that works, delete all the apps from ur ipod, then resync.. also go into preferences, mobile devices, and delete all backup files for ur ipod.. then resync
  4. eLBr0oKeR

eLBr0oKeR New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No, I just signed into my account on his laptop, downloaded them all, tried to sync them but that just failed. I was never asked to authorize the computer.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    There's nothing wrong with my iPod, I proved that. It's just the account I think.