My iTouch is unvunruble to jailbreaking D:

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by axel006, Jul 1, 2009.

1. axel006

axel006 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sorry I'm posting this here since I don't know where else to post it, but I'm having serious problems with jailbreaking my iTouch. I've downloaded the software ZiPhone, and tried jailbreaking it by that method, but whatever I do I can never get the system to find my iTouch, even though iTunes can find it. I've tried restarting my computer, trying every usb port, reinstalling iTunes, and restoring my iTouch like 5 times already and it STILL doesn't work. Plus, becuase of my attempts, I've accidentally erased all my songs on my iTouch somehow. I just don't understand. WHY WONT IT DETECT IT?!

So then I go on trying another software called QuickPwn. I get it loaded and everything, and then it asks me for an .ipws file (or whatever it is). So I download the firmware for my iTouch version (version 2.2.1 16g), and when I open the zip, I see no .ipws files. All I see are .img files and .plist files. No .ipws files whatsoever.

I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm doing everything I'm supposed to be doing, but I just can't seem to get it right. I really need help guys. I don't know where else to find answers. I would be very greatful if anyone gave me an answer.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Also, I'm again very sorry if I posted this topic in the wrong place. Please don't deleat it or close it for any reason.

2. dudeitsriley

dudeitsriley Banned

Download the firmware with Firefox... what version iPod are you on 1G or 2G?
    If I were you I would upgrade to 3.0 and jailbreak using Redsn0w.
  3. kewlgreen

kewlgreen Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You're supposed to rename the '*.zip' to '*.ipsw'
  4. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    and ziphone is for the iphone...
    hence the ziPHONE
  5. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

Your obviously new to the community
  6. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sorry I have no clue what i'm talking about when it comes to jailbreaking with anything but redsn0w and quickfreedom

I've only had my ipod since december...

and I only recently jailbroke, but i am obsessed with it

7. PurpleRa1n

PurpleRa1n Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    if you don't want to upgrade to 3.0 OS, then stick with QuickPWN, make sure you have downloaded the 2.2 firmware or 2.2.1 firmware (they take like an hour to download), then download QuickPWN 2.2.5-2 (Google for a download...search youtube someone probably uploaded a copy of it). Follow ALL the instructions in QuickPWN after the firmware is completely downloaded. It's also a good idea to restore your ipod before jailbreaking it (done via iTunes). If you follow everything correctly you can probably get your ipod back on track
  8. axel006

axel006 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ooooh.... I'll try that.

Really? Cuz I saw someone on youtube do it with an itouch.

Ok, I renamed the firmware from zip to ipsw, put it into quickpwn, and this is what happened:

I can't press the arrow at the lower right side. What do I do now?
  9. DancingGopher

DancingGopher New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ooo umm make sure it is properly named...that is the most likely problem
  10. iPhreek

iPhreek New Member

its not that hard, just download quickfreedom and the firmware parallel to your ipod.

[sarcasm]the hard part is pressing two buttons, oh the hand cramping.[/sarcasm]