MY iTOUCH IS RUINED!!! PLEASE HELP! GOT IT AS A BIRTHDAY PRESENT AND I'M ABOUT TO CRY

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fenderguitar01, Mar 28, 2008.

1. fenderguitar01

fenderguitar01 New Member

Okay, so i got my iPod Touch for my birthday off my mum and dad and now it's wrecked i'm pretty sure. Unless i can get some help...

I jailbreaked my 1.1.3 iTouch with ZiPhone on Windows XP. I went to ziphone.org and i downloaded this installer thingy just to my desktop. I opened the installer or extractor or whatever it was and it extraxted all these files to my desktop, so i just created a folder named ZiPhone. There was a program named ZiPhone GUI and all these command prompts and .dll files in there. There was a prompt named "IPOD JAILBREAK", i opened that (with my ipod connected) and it said something like:
    _searching for iPod
    _please wait

and all this stuff like it does in the command prompter thingy (this was on the computer) then while it was doing that, all this white writing came up just like on the computer. Then it stopped, and my iPod was jailbroken. So over the next couple of days, i played around and had some fun with it. It was harmless. THEN tonight, i went into the ZiPhone folder i'd created and there was a command prompt that said "ENTER DFU MODE" and just as i was about to double-click on that, i'd accidently slipped my finger down the touch-pad of my laptop (by the way, i have a laptop) and it went into this other command
    "FULL AUTOMATIC" now this one must have been for iPhone. It said something along the lines of:
    _Searching for iPhone

then all this other stuff that i cant remember and the writing on my iPod keeps saying:
    BSD:Root md0, major 2, minor 0

it wont get out of that even when i disconnect it from the computer. It just wont go away and if i cant find out what to do about it, that's $500AUD (i'm australian) down the can after about 2 months for my parents. I'm nearly crying as im typing this. It will hurt me to tell them that it's broken and then that will hurt them even more. I'm asking you-
    PLEASE....SOMEONE GIVE ME HELP

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. lilplaya2567

lilplaya2567 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    why dont u force restore mode
  3. karim7110

karim7110 New Member

ok so heres how you do it

force it into restore mode by holding the button on top of the touch and the home button. This will cause it to reboot. Keep holding the two buttons together. Then as soon as the apple logo comes up,let go of the top button but keep holding the home button. You are now in restore mode. Plug it into itunes and click restore. You're all done. Now you've just gotta put your music and stuff back on

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. 0wnt_

0wnt_ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Just restore it and you will be fine.

1. Turn off your iPod completely by holding the home and sleep button until it shuts off. Make sure your iPod is disconnected from the computer.

2. Now, HOLD the home button down, and while you're still holding it, plug in the cord and CONTINUE holding it until you see the dock connector and iTunes logo.

3. It should now be in DFU mode, restore it to 1.1.4.

Hope that helps
  5. samipodtouchman

samipodtouchman New Member

AHHH Fina;;y ssome thing that works ...thank you sooo sooo much
  6. Sickly_slick

Sickly_slick New Member

how come it says you joined iPod Touch Fans in december 2007?
    so you joined before you got an ipod but didnt post anything till today?
  7. snuffz

snuffz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yea have some fun and post more
  8. ipod touch fan

ipod touch fan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    wow...[..] have fun posting.. i prompt u to post in the intoductions forum.. have fun..cya aroun..