my itouch has a virus or something?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Qarg, Jul 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qarg

Qarg New Member

i keep getting these blank apps in the place of my apps that are simply bookmarks to weird spam sites. these damn things wont allow the icons for new apps to show up. anyone know if it is possible for an itouch to get a virus, and if so, have you seen such a virus? how might i deal with this?
  2. deleted account 92

deleted account 92 Active Member

I don't follow this stuff as much anymore, but I'm pretty sure there still haven't been any viruses.
  3. Qarg

Qarg New Member

well wtf is spawning infinite bookmark apps that take up 100% free app slots? lol if this isnt a virus, i dunno what is. what the hell might be doing this sh*t anyways? anyone encountered anything like this yet?
  4. ClusterShart

ClusterShart New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If you are jailbroken, and can, respring, if not, reboot.Then tell us what happens.
  5. JakeMan

JakeMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Check the sites you're going to, and maybe check the settings in Safari or Settings.
  6. deleted account 92

deleted account 92 Active Member

Clear all your cookies in Safari settings.
  7. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I like cookies.

To OP:

I agree with everything else said here. Clear cookies (mmmmm), reboot, respring, and maybe even a restore if its still not fixing the problem.
  8. Qarg

Qarg New Member

• Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    how does i clear cookies in safari. i havent even used safari yet btw. ive only downloaded apps from cydia and [piracy]. lol safari has auto loaded llamasoft and spec-works.net whatever the f*** those are?

on a related note. these damned blank apps filled up all my free space, and so apps i downloaded are somewhere on my ipod, but have no icon. how can i move them onto the 11 pages of justice i have created?
  9. JakeMan

JakeMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    To delete cookies, go into Settings and scroll down to Safari, and it's on that page.
  10. Qarg

Qarg New Member

lol deleted cookies and resprung. no effect. respawned and refilled the gaps. if you thought virus did not exist for itouch, heres the first? is there any kind of antivirus software for these devices, or in their hubris did they really think they did not need to create any? or has someone encountered this and know of a solution?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.