My itouch (1st generation) isn't playing music?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by helpmepleasee, Apr 9, 2009.

1. helpmepleasee

helpmepleasee New Member

I dropped in in a puddle, it stayed on and now it won't play any music..i've tried different songs and headphones. It's obviously the ipod.I turned it off/on many times restored settings. Everytime i take it out of my computer the battery symbol had a little charged symbol beside it... Help?

Please help me. It cost so much and i bought it in oct 2008.
    How much would it cost to get it fixed? It just doesn't play music..Internet webpages work.

Wait its working now! but still one problem..
    where the battery is it looks like its always charging even when its not plugged in.
  2. RainbowKT

RainbowKT New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    are u sure that the ear phones are all the way in?
  3. wordlife6272

wordlife6272 New Member

put it in a bowl of rice for 2-3 days and take a cue tip, rub alcohol on the tip and stick it in the headphone jack and rub it around

this will fix all the water damage
  4. Noise...

Noise... Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Awesome. You made two threads for the same thing.

The problem isn't the iPod. The problem is that you were a moron and dropped it in a f***ing puddle.
  5. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    We all drop our iPods into puddles and ruin them, it's natural. He may have accidentally dropped it into a puddle. Check the litmus paper (Inside the headphone jack), if it's pink then it's water damage.
  6. Noise...

Noise... Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Go check the other 5 threads he's made on the same damn issue. Helpme got the advice he needed within a few minutes after posting the first topic. He decided to not listen to that advice, and continue using the iPod. Now the iPod won't turn on, because it took him 12 hours of continued use on the iPod to finally turn the thing off and stick it in a bowl of rice.