my ipodtouch is not being recognize by itunes

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by Destroyer, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Destroyer

Destroyer Member

i have read many threads asking for the same but i havent find the answer yet.

i had my 1.1.2 ipod touch jailbroken and everytime itunes asked me to upgrade to 1.1.4 y clicked no, but a friend accidentally upgraded my ipod to1.1.4 now when i try to sync it to itunes it does not show up in my itunes library neither in my dads itunes.

i have unintall itunes 2 times and nothing have happen, i have restored my ipod like new but still nothing, and when i go and see my memory left it says i have 1.2gb left of 7.2gb in the ipod.

please i need help from someone that fixed the problem.

thanx
  2. boone2010

boone2010 New Member

yea im having the same problem! I wish someone could help
  3. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

this may sound really stupid but im just making sure, what shows up when u plug in the ipod on its screen?
    if its still off hit the home button and see if itunes reacts
    1 person likes this.
  4. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

Either go to Settings, General, Reset, Reset All Settings

or search for DFU methods to restore your ipod, from memory turn off the ipod (hold top button and slide to turn off) plug cable into ipod, hold the home (bottom front button) and plug the other end of the cable into your computer. Itunes should see it as a device in recovery mode and restore it that way. If you do not enter DFU then iTunes will just recover the ipod (paste the firmware over the existing one which does not help) only DFU mode will wipe it and start from scratch
  5. Ballgms308

Ballgms308 New Member

ok i got the same problem i had 1.1.1 and it was jail broken, when i seen things on installer that was only for 1.1.4 i figured i could upgrade but when i did i erased everything and itunes wont recognize it, but when i select music, video, or itunes on my ipod it goes back to the homescreen after like 2 seconds and idk wats wrong with it but i really need help
  6. meloyo

meloyo Member

look at my sig