My iPod's got some major issues!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jango271, Feb 2, 2008.

1. jango271

jango271 Banned

Ok, so last night I opened SMBprefs and wanted to change my theme back to default (just to see what it would look like with all the original icons and stuff) so I checked default, it went back to the menu like normal, and then i hit the home button. The pinwheel thing came up like normal like it was about to go to the slide to unlock screen. But it didnt. My ipot stayed frozen with the pinwheel spinning faster and faster on the home screen. I reset and turned it back on. After five minutes of the apple logo, the pinwheel came back. It was located on top of the apple logo. And it freezes on this screen with the pinwheel spinning faster and faster. I think other ppl have had this problem but idk if there's a solution. I have tried plugging my ipod into my computer. itunes recognizes it but the ipod's screen just stays the same. Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated!
  2. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You have to force restore. Plug your iPod into your computer, Hold the home and sleep buttons, Once you see the apple logo again release the sleep button and still hold the home button until the force restore screen comes up. Restore in itunes when it tells you to.
  3. jango271

jango271 Banned

Yea, I thought I might need to restore, but I was wondering if there was any other way to fix this. I might be able to ssh but I dont know what to remove/change/do once i have accessed the files.