My iPod won't turn on?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hibajugala, May 11, 2009.

1. hibajugala

hibajugala New Member

I was installing a package through cydia, and it told me to reboot. I exited cydia and I turned off my iPod manually. Now it won't turn on?

What can I do to turn it on?
    I've basically tried everything.
    I tried turning it on normally, putting it into DFU mode, plugging it in. Nothing works.

What can I do?
  2. dodgy

dodgy Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    That very rarely happens to me. I usually just hold power button and home button for ages and it works
  3. mskayo

mskayo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I am soooo not an expert but this happened to me when I jailbroke my T2G. I believe the restore software got relocated during the jailbreak process and my poor dead little iPod couldn't find it.

(Assuming you have the latest firmware)
    Search your C: for
    iPod2,1_2.2.1_5H11a_Restore.ipsw

Copy the file and move it back to AppData/Roaming/Apple Computer/iTunes/iPod Software Updates

When I did this iTunes finally recognized the iPod and took it through the recovery process after I responded to their prompts.

Again, I'm not an expert so proceed at your own risk. If anyone can clarify this procedure, have at it.

By the way after recovering my iPod I decided an un-jailbroken Touch was preferable to a dead one so I'm back to factory settings. So there.
  4. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Or hold shift restore and locate it with the file finder.