my ipod won't turn on! when plugged it says USB device not recognized!

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by eddywonder, Apr 7, 2009.

1. eddywonder

eddywonder New Member

a friend of mine sort of messed up my ipod by tapping randomly on the screen while on. the ipod turn off and i tried putting in DFU mode but it doesn't work. everytime i try to to plug it to the computer it says that the USB device is not recognized.
    i have a 2G ver. 2.2.1, tehdered jailbroken ipod.

please help!

Please Register or Log in to view images

it won't turn on and it won't be recognized.
    and please don't restore it to factory settings since the computer won't even recognize it.
  2. JIMIneitor

JIMIneitor Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    why people post the same again and again and again???

search for posts THAT ARE EXACTLY LIKE YOURS!!!!

Rite, I think i´ve gotta help you.

First, check your timings, you can use your cellphones stopwatch or ask your mom to count for you, look at the clock, but make sure you press both buttons for EXACTLY 10 seconds, not 10 seconds and 1ms, not 9 secs and 999ms, 10 seconds.

Then, boot yor ipod using your computer, or any GUI that supports that, like cyw00d´s, redTool, wahtever.

Now, use redTool to make your tethered iPod an UNTETHERED!! so that yo dont have to mess up with DFU just to turn it on.

AND CHECK FOR OTHER POSTS
  3. eddywonder

eddywonder New Member

look man i really appreciate you looking into it but i have no seen any thread with that same problem.
    either way, i tried you stopwatch method but it down't work.
    let me rephrase the issue for u.
    my ipod is BLANK. it's not on. holding the power and home buttons for ten and then for 8 seconds doesn't work for me. the computer still says the usb device is not recognized. however, when i try to put in DFU mode i still get that same not recognized message.
  4. dobsontip

dobsontip New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi, If you havent sorted out your iPod Touch then what i done is hold down the Home and Power buttons until the screen comes on and it should boot into the original ipod Software but wont be jailbroken no more so you will need to use a tethered jailbreak solution as the person said above

ask me if you need more help!
  5. decoysoc

decoysoc New Member

ye, i am having the same problem and i am freaking out, whenever i conect it, it says it cant reconize my ipod, when i try to boot it it turns whit then goes back to not being able to turn on, i tryed to re-jailbreak it and the same thing happens, when i try to restore it to original factory settings and un jailbreak it, it says it can not be restored. somone please help me