my Ipod wont turn on now

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by kahlon99, Mar 17, 2009.

1. kahlon99

kahlon99 New Member

hi guys plz help me
    my jailbreaking went right but after when we have to reboot the ipod some thing went wrong there and now my ipod wont turn on. when i try restoring through itunes it says
    SOFTWARE FOR THIS IPOD IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST VERSION OF ITUNES.

so some one plz help me
  2. davidjordan2345

davidjordan2345 New Member

if u need the latest version of itunes download the new 8.1 itunes. try plugging it in to charge. this happened to me once and i plugged it in to my wall charger and it turned on
  3. Wills42

Wills42 New Member

Unfortunately I too had this problem. Is the screen you get when you first purchase your iPod touch there? The one saying connect to iTunes? I just went ahead and returned mine and got a new one. I spent WAY to long trying to figure out how to fix it. I'm sorry but you might need to just get a new one. (Sorry I couldn't help, just know you aren't alone with this problem.

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  4. Ranko95

Ranko95 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    update itunes. and no you dont need i new one! this happens to some people. a friend of mine got it and he just pluged it in and it booted. also try force booting it off then rebooting.
  5. Damomandoa

Damomandoa New Member

this happend to me after i tired to use the thered jailbreak. it didnt work so i hit restore, and it gave me that same exact message. over about the course of a week i kept putting it in DFU mode and plugging back into itunes. i hit resotre one day, and all of a sudden i was able to restore my ipod back to normal. worked for me, but it looked like just some dumb luck
  6. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

Hold the home button while plugging the iPod in, then shift + click Restore and locate your firmware file. See if that works.