My ipod videos are always laggy, and way to fix this??

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ipodtouchmaster05, Nov 25, 2007.

1. ipodtouchmaster05

ipodtouchmaster05 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    hi, every video i put on my ipod (except the video i bought from itunes) it has a voice lag that gets worse from beginning to the end of the movie. If i fast forward to any spot in the movie, there is anywhere from 1-4 sec. voice lag. Even if i don't fast forward, if i just watch the movie regularly it has bad voice lag, it's really annoying. Any way to fix this??
    p.s. i got all the movies from *******s, but they play fine on my pc. Is is possible that when i convert them to mp4 that they end up like this?? thanks
  2. linds

linds New Member

ya it's usually because of the way it's encoded so you might want to try other conversion software
  3. kinematic@yahoo.com

kinematic@yahoo.com New Member

What is your source? This might be a common MPEG-2 problem which I've seen on TiVo sources and certain encoders. Try a different encoder is the first step.
  4. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

Like I told ya, if Videora doesn't work, we go to the bitrate experimenting on imTOO. Good luck.
  5. tomsabin

tomsabin New Member

Must be the way you converted it to 'iPod', I use quicktime or in iTunes and it plays smoothly with great sound.

What way were you encoding it/converting it to .m4v?
  6. h_A_Z

h_A_Z New Member

Anyone tried iSquint?
  7. GrimmGreen

GrimmGreen New Member

i have a Lords Of Dogtown AVI ******* , that works fine as an AVI , but when i convert it for my iPod the audio is ALWAYS lagging from the video. so far i have tried Videora , Jodix , Xilisoft Movie converter , IMtoo converter , and Handbrake and nothing worked , i must have sat for hours and tweaked every little thing possible ... no dice , i just gave up on that particular video and decided to rip my own DVD's as opposed to using *******s
  8. Necro

Necro New Member

I know this issue, but I am not experencing it with XVID4PSP.
  9. AliasMrJones

AliasMrJones New Member

I had this exact same problem with video I transferred from my DTivo. I tried bringing it down it every format the software I use can. The only thing that didn't cause lag was to bring it down in .ty, then convert to .vob for DVD burning, then convert to .m4v with Videora. Pain with the multiple conversions, but it's the only thing that's worked for me so far.

I haven't had the problem at all with ripped DVDs.
  10. CarlosR26

CarlosR26 New Member

Same here...
    only with youtube videos.