My Ipod Touch Won't Turn on Properly (Jailbroken)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by twb2k9, Sep 12, 2010.

1. twb2k9

twb2k9 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey guys I got a little problem here. I was on Cydia downloading something when all of a sudden my Ipod turned off. I tried turning it on again but it showed the apple logo and after about a minute the screen goes blank. I try to turn it on again and it just does the same thing. Please bear in mind it is jailbroken. I really don't want to have to restore it as I have many songs on it which I haven't backed up. Also I bought this Ipod from a friend so my computer dosen't yet have full access to it. It's a Ipod Touch 2G Version 3.1.2 and I used Blackra1n to jailbreak it. Thanks!
  2. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    blackra1n is a tethered jailbreak. You need to re-run it everytime your iPod turns off.
  3. twb2k9

twb2k9 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  4. Psoul

Psoul Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
  5. twb2k9

twb2k9 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Oh I see! Thank you very much guys!

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    Now blackra1n just says waiting for device.
  6. MynameIsIpod

MynameIsIpod Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    just run blackra1n again and jailbreak again youll be fine it is tethered jailbreak so you cannot let it die or run out of battery
  7. twb2k9

twb2k9 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It isn't working... Does the fact that the connect to iTunes screen not show up when I enter recovery mode matter? It also dosen't automatically enter recovery mode when I switch it on. I have never had to re-run blackra1n whenever I switched my iPod off only this once so far. If you can't think of a solution, could you tell me a way to access its files so I could backup my music please. Thanks
  8. link07

link07 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    you cant and blackra1n is tethered witch means you cant shut it off without unjailbreaking and breaking (going to restore screen)
  9. crazytrain320

crazytrain320 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    use jailbreakme
  10. Belal Massiss

Belal Massiss New Member

my ipod keeps turning on and off!!!! Please someone help me!!!!!

I had my ipod 2nd generation for like a year now and it was working fine until last week. I downloaded or upgraded something in cydia and when i turned it off it worked. But the other day i went with my dad to work and we had to fix a furnace in a crawlspace and i forgot that my ipod was with me in my pocket so i went in and i looked at my ipod and it was on so i turned it off from the top and when i got out of the crawlspace i tried to turn it back on and it did not work so i went to my dads truck and i found a compressor that pumps air. So i got it and i turned it on and i tried to blow it out from the bottom where the earphone jack is and it still did not work. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

IT turns on and off and does not work!!!!!