Welcome to the iFans Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

My iPod Touch Won't Play sound through my headphones?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by RAWRxoxo7, Feb 6, 2010.

1. RAWRxoxo7

RAWRxoxo7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So I turned on my iPod Touch the other day to listen to some music, But No Music came out of the headphones, So I unplugged them and tried it again, Nothing/ Sound will come out from the Speakers (the speakers in the touch).

I Just got new headphones an hour after that happened, but still the same thing, I tested them out on my other iPod and it worked fine...

What should I do??? Should I send it into Apple to get it fixed? or is there something I can do? :confused:

Thank You :D:);):p:rolleyes:

Additional Details:

I use Sony headphones, They worked before, but now nothing (I even tried with the apple ipod headphones)

I turned it On and Off, and even Restored it, still nothing.
  2. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It sounds like the sensor that detects the headphone plug when its in the headphone jack isn't working, does it still play through the touches speaker when you have them plugged in? If it is still playing through the built in speaker with them plugged in, that's the issue, if it stops when you plug them in, then there's a hardware issue between the the headphone jack and the touch. Idk it the sensor is physical(actually moves) or just whether the circuit is completed or not, if its physical you could probably unjam it if not its time to contact apple.