My iPod Touch won't charge...sort of.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by elararoufal, Aug 11, 2008.

1. elararoufal

elararoufal New Member

If I try to charge it using a power outlet, I get the plug icon you'd normally see when it's fully charged.

If I try to charge it using the computer, it works, but a lot of times it would do the thing it does when I charge it from a power outlet. Quite annoying when I charge at night and wake up with 10% battery.

Any ideas?
  2. mitch88ell

mitch88ell New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    OMG I had almost the same problem today. My PC wont charge my iPod but my Power Outlet dock will. I get the same icon in the status bar. So weird. I am looking for a solution also.
  3. The Baydestrian

The Baydestrian Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I have the same problem
  4. ThunderBull4

ThunderBull4 New Member

Have any of you tried a restore? Or taken it in and asking Apple? That could be seen as hardware problem and they could replace the battery for you free of charge if you're still covered under their 1 year warranty.
  5. alejandrito.nv

alejandrito.nv New Member

I kind of have the same problem, its just that my itouch dont even recognized my pc, or a power outlet.
    So I cant charge it or transfer anything, I tried to restored it but didnt work
    So .... Do I have to pay any money to Apple if I give them my itouch to be fixed? I am gonna used the warranty year, so I need to pay Or Its just for free?
  6. antipico

antipico Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I have the same problem with portable chargers showing the plug icon without battery being full and I think it's because Touch needs bigger current to charge than average mp3 players. Do you use apples wall charger? If not, check for the current your charger can provide.