my ipod touch think it is an iphone

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by d.kvistgaard, Apr 8, 2008.

1. d.kvistgaard

d.kvistgaard New Member

I was trying to jailbreak my ipod touch with Pwnage, but I did mistake; I disconnected the ipod during the process. and after that i Could't turn my ipod on again. But later I found out that; if I connect my Ipod to Itunes, itunes finds the ipod as an iphone, but the screen on the ipod is steel black and can't do anything to turn it on I can't even put it into recovery mode. HELP!!! if anyone had found a way to fikgured this out, than please tell me how
  2. nbafinest

nbafinest New Member

just do this

just do this it will help wen u plug your ipod touch in to itunes hold the sleep/wake button and home button untill u see a sign sayin connect to itunes on your ipod this will take about 20 seconds till u see it then on itnues ur itocuh will be found click restore itunes will update ur itouch with new apps and every thing
  3. d.kvistgaard

d.kvistgaard New Member

i does not work, the screen just stay black, no matter what I am trying to do

or actually there was a time when connected to itunes and itunes found the ipod as an ipod and not as an iphone, and when I tried to restore it, is saw the the apple icon on the ipod, but the restore failled and i everything is like before.
  4. Joker

Joker New Member

You have to hold the home and power buttons toguether untill the computer makes the noise of "something was unplugged" then, let go of power button but hold the home for about 20 seconds when you will hear the noise on the computer again. Then just restore...
  5. d.kvistgaard

d.kvistgaard New Member

steel dosn't work

it is not always. My mac founds the ipod